Hull #318!

AW1985

It's official! After five 12-hour days of driving, my wife and I picked up our Ollie on the 19th. It was an excellent experience! I can tell you that these guys are there for the customer, and bent over backwards during the orientation. They made it quick, easy and painless (somewhat). The F250 has extra large eyelets for the break away chains and would not accommodate the hooks. Phil offered to drive me to the nearest hardware store to square it away, but It was only a mile down the road and they had another couple scheduled for delivery that day as well. It's the small things that prove this company was the right choice.

The wife and I have been slowly making our way back to Alaska, and the last week has been awesome. We have done a little of everything so far (boondocking, two RV parks and two national parks). We just left Palo Duro Texas State Park and it was an excellent spot to spend two nights. We just arrived in Moab, and are planning to spend 6 days or so here prior to heading to Salt Lake.

The Ollie is superior in every manner and it's so nice to see a well researched plan work out. I have researched every item I have purchased for this lifestyle and it has come together well. From my TV, to the bed deck, to the Ollie it's been a great week/trip. If anyone is on the fence about this travel trailer, don't be. You get what you pay for. Daily I find some small detail that I'm impressed with. I'll say the biggest impression is in the docile towing mannerisms. It is truly a joy to pull. I have many miles towing...both overloaded, underloaded, underpowered, etc., and this trailer makes it easy. I see the bigger guys and the fifth wheels in rush hour traffic and smile knowing I made the right choice.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, I'm just excited!

-Alex

IMG_8348.thumb.jpg.376d73b8219b8a5fb786bd78a62569ba.jpg

IMG_8349.thumb.jpg.4e7e30116204380982650401286ebe19.jpg

• Thanks 11

• Moderators

Congratulations on you new Ollie. Sounds like you are making up for the Cannonball run to Hohenwald by taking time to smell the roses on your trip home. Enjoy the slow lane. Safe travels back to AK.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Sweet! In this day and age it seems that it is becoming ever more difficult to convince people that there truly is a good product out there with great people standing behind what they build. It is so good to hear that you have proven for yourself what many of us have been saying here for years. Thanks!

Keep those pictures coming and stay safe.

Bill

p.s. Obviously there was no rain, bugs, grease, tar, etc. on that drive down to the lower 48! Nice clean truck with a nice clean Ollie.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The truck was filthy with the ALCAN dirt. Had to stop in Hohenwald to wash it. Good truck washing bay right on the main drag. I'm a bit of a clean freak...to my wife's dismay ("it's just a truck"!).

• 8 months later...