Laissez les bon temps rouler From Louisiana

Hi, I'm just beginning to start the search. I'm transitioning from a sailboat to a travel trailer, and I've only narrowed the search down to an egg. I hope to be seeing an Ollie in my neck of the woods soon. Seems a fellow fly fisher has one near by.

We have moved, in the past, from being a rag sailor to FG camper. We don't miss the raging 12' tides, gales, and fog with the sailboat. With the power boat we can skip around islands and under bridges. With the camper there are days you can get out and walk all around it and not get your feet wet. We have been through the Cumberland Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, and even Interstate 10. We have dangled our feet in the Mississippi and Tennessee Rivers, countless creeks, lakes and streams. We have seen the harvest of cotton, oranges, almonds, and wheat. We have shared the road with buses, 18 wheelers, fellow campers, Amish wagons, no one for miles, and a deer or two. We have towed different kinds of trailers and the Oliver seems to have the best road manners of all of them. And with the Oliver trailer you will have the best of all. You will meet some of the nicest people, and most if not all will want to talk about the Oliver. Some will say they have heard about, some will say they have never heard about, but they all want to know about it. Have fun with your research. Knowing the hardest part of the journey is waiting for your unit, after placing your order. If there are any questions at all, be sure to ask here. I have found the folks at the factory and on the forum to be very knowledgeable and friendly. Good Luck, and happy trails.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum! I know there is at least one Oliver in LA because it passed me with its LA plates on I-10 as we were driving through the state. Call the sales office to check if there is an owner close by that you could visit. We show ours all the time. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Prof57 -

Welcome! There is a ton of information contained within this Forum and I encourage you to research, research, research. If you want the best and want to have a camper that will last you and your heirs then you have found it here. However, Olivers are not for everyone. Thus, research. Certainly seeing an Oliver in person is the best way to truly appreciate what most of us here try to convey and it is the best way to make sure that it is the camper for you. Good luck with your journey!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Hi, I’m just beginning to start the search. I’m transitioning from a sailboat to a travel trailer, and I’ve only narrowed the search down to an egg. I hope to be seeing an Ollie in my neck of the woods soon. Seems a fellow fly fisher has one near by.

The best thing might be to cruise over to Guntersville, Alabama and attend the Oliver rally May 3-7. You'll see lots of them and talk to lots of owners.

Oliver offers a measure of quality, efficiency and practcality that I've never seen before. But your needs must fit what they offer or they might not work for you. They are well insulated, very strong construction, easy to tow, lots of battery power and good off-road. They have high quality suspension and heavy duty tires. The factory builds them with care and stands behind them. Some trailers, like Airstream, are more flashy and some trailers, like Scamp are cheaper. But Oliver is quality for the long run and excellent for boondocking or venturing into bad weather.

I've been around boats for a long time. I finished out and rigged my 42' fiberglass Ketch, then lived on it for about 18 years. Sailed it thousands of miles around San Francisco Bay and then a trip to Mexico and back. Then I had a Morgan 33T and lived on it part time. I have also had a number of stick built trailers and got fed up with the poor quality. Then I discovered Oliver. Now, I'm a landlubber and have built a house. But we are currently in Alabama with our Oliver, on an extended trip from Nevada. Couldn't be happier.

Come to the rally and see them!

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Thank you one and all. I certainly do prefer quality which is what drew me to Oliver in the beginning. Raspy, I had a Nor'Sea 27 for a number of years upon which I puttered around on/in the muddy waters of Galveston Bay with occasional forays into the Gulf. One day a bell went off in my thick head when realized the only thing between me and the bottom is a busted seacock and a bilge pump. The Nor'Sea is certainly a quality vessel and for its size quite pricy. Yep, Oliver Elite II is high on my list for the same reason, quality.

As for the rally this weekend, well we graduate on Saturday. A number of college grads would be more than a little bent out of shape were I not there to see them "walk." Ah well, life is in the timing. I hope to see the local fly fishers Elite II sometime this week.

Again, thanks to everyone for a warm welcome.