2019 RALLY

hardrock

Attention 2019 Rally Campers!     ACTION REQUIRED!

The time for the 2019 Oliver Travel Trailer Owners Rally is just SIX short weeks away.  The time to have the T-Shirt order in is way shorter!

WE NEED YOUR T - SHIRT SIZES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!    If you have not previously sent in that information Please PM me and let me know.   Hull #'s appreciated as well.

Donna and I are looking forward to seeing all of you at the Registration Table.  We have plans in place to make that process quick and easy.

Scotty

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space and Rocket Center

For those attending the rally, if you travel on I 65 through Huntsville, AL, I would like to recommend a trip to the US Space and Rocket Center.

https://rocketcenter.com

Here you will see many rockets, missiles developed at Redstone Arsenal and Marshall Space and Flight Center, Huntsville, AL. Miles before you reach the Space and Rocket Center, you will see the top of the Saturn V Rocket.  As you near the center, you will see many more rockets and missiles clustered about.   A SR 71Blackbird sits by the entrance.

If you need to stay the night, within walking distance is the Space Center RV Park.  Rates are $18 for back-in, $20 for pull thrus, all with full hook ups.  If you want to boondock, here are two locations welcoming boon Dockers

Cracker Barrel Restaurant

120 Leghorn Blvd.

Madison, AL 35758-8806

256-461-7670

Cabalas

7090 Cabala Drive

Huntsville, AL 35801

• Thanks 5

I regret that I won't be able to make it OTT friends..i caught this nasty respiratory/flu virus combo thing that is going around, it's been 9 days, and i'm still in rough shape..please take care of yourselves, and maybe add a couple little mucinix, Vitamin C., or whatever work to your medical kits.  I'm fine, but this is the worst illness i have had in probably 20 years, and it has hit the whole family, including my wife who i often suspect of being a cyborg for her natural disease-resistant abilities :). Take care and be safe, and have a ton of fun down there in Bama!!

Vector.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

Well that sucks.  Hope you feel better real soon!

Are you still planning to go to Yellowstone?

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

New Oliver owner (Hull#444) and very much interested in learning at the Rally.  Good topics planned for Sunday - unfortunately, I am still working (ugh) and need to return back to work Monday morning.  With an 11 hour drive back to FL, we must leave Sunday morning and head south.  Hate it.  Hopefully from Wed night to Sunday morning we will meet new friends and learn much from experienced owners.  Next year we will plan better (and, starting in July, I will be semi-retired at 20hrs per week - working for the medical benefits).

• Thanks 2

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

Really nice number!  Welcome to the ownership world.  At the Rally don't be afraid to ask anyone about what you see on their camper.  Or, simply ask to see the inside.  I've never had anyone refuse a request for more info.  Can't wait to meet you guys - please grab me if I pass by and Twist is always open to you.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We'll be heading out from Oregon and picking up our Oliver on the 14th and after spending the night at the plant, will head out the next day to the rally.  Really looking forward to meeting other owners.  For those who have been to a previous rally, do you know if there is internet/wi-fi available?  I'm not sure how our Sprint plan will work and we'll want to figure out which route we'll want to take back to the West Coast after the rally is over.

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

SAKTHORP

Welcome to the Oliver Community and Family!

Yes, there is WiFi in the park.

I was there today and many improvements to the park have been made.  I look forward to meeting you and many others for our 4th annual Oliver Travel Trailer Owners Rally.  Currently, we have 238 campers registered, 100+ trailers will be attending the rally.

Drive safely - See you soon

Coy Gayle

2019 Rally Chairman

• Thanks 1

Yesterday when I was there, they were putting the finishing touches on the Campground such as putting down grass sod.  There has been modifications made to this section.  Some campsites were consolidated to accommodate large travel trailers and the big pushers by turning those sites into pull thrus.  We are in the process of determining how to contact the two Oliver owners that are impacted by this and give them a choice.

This area is the oldest part of the state park.  I remember camping here as a child.  The electrical system needed updating for safety/convenience factors and the end result is this section now is up to date and should be very enjoyable to everyone.

Coy

• Thanks 2

We have been contacted by Lake and River boat company to offer boat rides on Lake Guntersville for the Rally.  The capacity of the boat is 19 and the cost is $20 for an hour tour, if the boat is full.  If not, the cost is $25.00.  The times are 10 AM and 4:30 PM Friday.

If interested, PM me , Hardrock   Coy

see boat details at the website below

https://www.lakeandriverfun.com

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Come on down!

As more of us get on the road to the 2019 Rally, please be careful out there on those roads.  Can't wait to see everyone.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Of course you know that you don't have to be owners (yet) in order to attend.  You sure could get a great head start on knowing about your new Oliver at the Rally and you'd have some fun while doing it too.

Bill

• Thanks 2

Being from California, we will try and make next year Rally. Yes, We have been reading about the Oliver and it will be fantastic to learn more from everyone at a Rall. So looking forward.  Val & Nikki

Unfortunately we had to cancel our rally reservation.

Hope to meet everyone next year.

Neil & Diana

Neil & Diana

Living full time in our Oliver traveling North America

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II Raised Twin Bed. Hull # 138

2020 F250 4x4, Supercab, Longbed, 7.3 gasser

On our way to the Rally, two nights at COE Eastbank Campground, Lake Seminole, Chattahoochee, FL. A lake view from every window.  So far, very good - fish fry Saturday night and Mother Days feast today.  Hopefully, pictures attached.

[attachment file=Lake Seminole, FL, COE Eastbank.jpg]

Lake-Seminole-FL-COE-Eastbank-e1557756796873.thumb.jpg.ccc84aba265868296181776a9202deaa.jpg

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

That must have been a "Navy" corps of engineers that did that park given the slant.  However, sure does look nice.  Did you catch the fish for the fish fry in that lake?

See you in a few days!

Bill

p.s.  nice Oliver in that picture too.

Thanks to everyone who came to the rally!  We really enjoyed seeing the trailers and putting faces to the names.  Made some new friends and had a very nice time.  Lots of fun and interesting conversations.   Guntersville S.P. is a very nice place.

It's fun to just hang out in such a friendly and easy going setting.  Kinda sad to see everyone pulling out this morning, but we're all off on the next adventure.     Hope to see you next year.

Take care,

Raspy

John and Liye Roemer, and Gogo

0-9.thumb.jpeg.49ffee646e1dace362c50b70a198d701.jpeg

• Thanks 2

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19