Fender problem with larger rims/tires and E-Z Flex

• Moderator+

The anodes are attached after the frame and sub-frame are mated. Nothing critical, just drill a hole and pop riveted on.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

The anodes are attached after the frame and sub-frame are mated. Nothing critical, just drill a hole and pop riveted on.

OK, but that is not what I was asking. I was asking Foy to see if his were where expected. Did you see his and deternine if they were correctly positioned? If not, maybe Foy can answer.

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I agree that the OTT decision to replace is an exemplary solution. But it still doesn't answer the question. How did it happen? If should be "drilled down" to find the cause. I am sure it would be, and there certainly is not any reason to publish the findings. However a simple check may indeed prevent others from experiencing the same kind of disaster out in the field. Hopefully it was a one of a kind incident, but in an assembly line the odds are against it.

• Thanks 1

Oliver does build the sub frames and here are pictures of them. Looks like the holes are in the sub frames on the floor before being sent out to be galvanized. They probably just need to build one and move the holes back one inch. Good to hear they came up with a fairly easy fix.

20170726_095452.thumb.jpg.8cd40ac90c31d968c0ff68c125b0f3af.jpg

20170726_095138.thumb.jpg.d247ca9b6a01ec0478e7fe7e21f411ae.jpg

20170726_095211.thumb.jpg.b4810e6ea7d666cd95ccf660fbdc8a78.jpg

• Thanks 1

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

• Moderators

A big THANKS to Foy and Mirna for getting back to the Forum on this. And, it is great to know, once again, that Oliver stands behind what they sell.

Just last night I was thinking about several threads on the Forum that have not been "resolved". This also includes Foy's lack of water pressure, an air conditioning drain tube problem, an air conditioner starting/cooling problem, etc.

Bill

p.s. note to self - be sure to read all the way down on the list of "new" topics for the day before posting a remark about Foy's water pressure! Foy - Sorry about that!

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Oliver makes the subframes. They then send them out to be hot-dip galvanized.

This is correct. I got a mini tour of the factory by Phil Melfa and he explain that the trailer tubs (his words) are made by Oliver Products and sold to Oliver Travel Trailers. This applies to the wheel sub assembly, it comes from another Oliver company. They are sent out to be dipped.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

Steve your right. I have had no tracking problems and Daniel even comment on my tires, the lack of wear after 20K miles. Daniel did say he had seen this problem one time before. And your right Steve, he could have given me some BS but no! He went right for the most costly solution at his expense. That shows me Daniel Oliver cares about the trailer his name is on and what customer say about them.

• Thanks 1

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

I will let you know about anodes once they do the work. I am interested as well.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited