Trouble with the forum?

Townesw

Anybody else having trouble pulling up private messages today?

Can anyone else pull up page 2 of the A/C Drain thread under General Discussion?

Or is it just me....

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Something new I just noticed...when I posted the phrase travel trailers an automatic hyperlink was added to olivertraveltrailers . com/travel-trailers/.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On other forums, I've seen where acronyms or jargon will get an automatic tool tip (dotted underline and when you mouse over it, a text description pops up to explain what the acronym/phrase means).  But in this case it appears that I am linking to the Oliver Travel Trailers product page, which is not what I intended.  In context I was talking about "other travel trailers," as in other than Olivers, so it didn't make sense in that specific case.  But more broadly I don't think the forum should be modifying someone's post with content that they did not intend, since even a hyperlink implies that the linked page is part of what the author is trying to say.

• Thanks 2

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

• Administrators
Something new I just noticed…when I posted the phrase travel trailers an automatic hyperlink was added to olivertraveltrailers . com/travel-trailers/. I’m not sure how I feel about this. On other forums, I’ve seen where acronyms or jargon will get an automatic tool tip (dotted underline and when you mouse over it, a text description pops up to explain what the acronym/phrase means). But in this case it appears that I am linking to the Oliver Travel Trailers product page, which is not what I intended. In context I was talking about “other travel trailers,” as in other than Olivers, so it didn’t make sense in that specific case. But more broadly I don’t think the forum should be modifying someone’s post with content that they did not intend, since even a hyperlink implies that the linked page is part of what the author is trying to say.

This is intended for internal linking purposes only.

This is an automated process - posts are never edited. You can check by editing your post - you will see that the link does not exist. This only works for the first keyword found. :)

I know what you are talking about how some forums use those affiliate links trying to get people to buy products and they make a % for each sale, that's not going to happen here.

More info:

https://moz.com/learn/seo/internal-link

Hopefully my explanation cleared that up for y'all!

• Thanks 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules