Trouble with the forum?

Townesw

Anybody else having trouble pulling up private messages today?

Can anyone else pull up page 2 of the A/C Drain thread under General Discussion?

Or is it just me....

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Something new I just noticed...when I posted the phrase travel trailers an automatic hyperlink was added to olivertraveltrailers . com/travel-trailers/.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On other forums, I've seen where acronyms or jargon will get an automatic tool tip (dotted underline and when you mouse over it, a text description pops up to explain what the acronym/phrase means).  But in this case it appears that I am linking to the Oliver Travel Trailers product page, which is not what I intended.  In context I was talking about "other travel trailers," as in other than Olivers, so it didn't make sense in that specific case.  But more broadly I don't think the forum should be modifying someone's post with content that they did not intend, since even a hyperlink implies that the linked page is part of what the author is trying to say.

• Thanks 2

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

• Administrators
Something new I just noticed…when I posted the phrase travel trailers an automatic hyperlink was added to olivertraveltrailers . com/travel-trailers/. I’m not sure how I feel about this. On other forums, I’ve seen where acronyms or jargon will get an automatic tool tip (dotted underline and when you mouse over it, a text description pops up to explain what the acronym/phrase means). But in this case it appears that I am linking to the Oliver Travel Trailers product page, which is not what I intended. In context I was talking about “other travel trailers,” as in other than Olivers, so it didn’t make sense in that specific case. But more broadly I don’t think the forum should be modifying someone’s post with content that they did not intend, since even a hyperlink implies that the linked page is part of what the author is trying to say.

This is intended for internal linking purposes only.

This is an automated process - posts are never edited. You can check by editing your post - you will see that the link does not exist. This only works for the first keyword found. :)

I know what you are talking about how some forums use those affiliate links trying to get people to buy products and they make a % for each sale, that's not going to happen here.

More info:

https://moz.com/learn/seo/internal-link

Hopefully my explanation cleared that up for y'all!

• Thanks 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules