Anyone having problems with low water pressure in the toilet - hot and cold.

Cash

We have slowly encountered over time, low water pressure in the toilet, hot and cold. I have checked all valves I could access and also checked for broken lines, past or present water leaks, etc. I can hear the water pump running except when the toilet valve is released. This is happening on both city and tank modes. Also, water does not run out of the trailer. Thanks.

Cash - AKA Sitting Bull

http://www.shot-in-texas.com

Cash:

Since you mention both hot and cold water, I assume you are talking about water coming out of the sink faucet.  If that is the case you may be having a problem with particulate matter clogging an aerator screen inside the faucet.  I haven’t had my Oliver faucet apart, but have found this to be a problem in other sink faucets.  Enjoyed talking with you at Lake Guntersville rally.  Good luck!

John Shkor, SailorsAshore

• Moderators

Water flow to our toilet slowed then finally stopped. After cleaning the hard water crud out of the line going into the back of the toilet flow returned to normal. I was using a filter (blue Camco) but apparently that was not enough. I’ve added a water softener since, which will hopefully help. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hopefully it is just a plugged aerator on the faucet, which should just unscrew. Some have used the tips of needle nose pliers to act like a spanner wrench. If that plugs, I certainly would take off the line going into the toilet, and flush it well. The local RV $upply $tore wants over $60 for that valve if you have to replace it.

We also use a Camco combination particulate and taste filter, and so far it has been more than adequate. What does a water softner system look like? Size? Maintenance?

• Moderators
What does a water softner system look like? Size? Maintenance?

The softener I got is from ABC Water. It’s about the size of a propane tank. You recharge it every few months with a box of table salt. Amazon has several models and sizes. I also use it to wash my truck and car.

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

You are not alone Cash. We have been noticing low water flow to the kitchen sink and the toilet. Our first thought was that we needed a new water filter (blue camco type) which Clair just picked up and has not tried yet. Very interesting to hear what others have found in their trailers. It looks like we have to look into this further.

Cash, sending your Kathy a special Hi! I really enjoyed meeting both of you at the rally.

Smiles, Kathy

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

• 1 year later...

I think its safe to say, that most of the low flow water is when the water pump is first put to use when that happens its due to a good amount of plastic chips coming out of the fresh water tank. Most of the chips get stuck in the inlet waterline to the pump also clogging the water pump filter screen. whatever by passes the pump goes through the system when that happens both city hookup and use of the water pump will show the same condition. Looking at past posts suggest its a common problem and that every time this happens service should be notified. They are aware of the problem. And hopefully are trying to correct it.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

We are going through this again. Getting more than aggravating as my tour season is arriving and have got to have my “YACHT OLIVIA” in top shape. Many clients like to meet there and yes, we also use it to entertain them. Now…all my fixtures appear clogged, except the outside shower.

Did you get it fixed the first time? What did you find was the problem?

• Thanks 2