What are you listening to? Video Thread

JWalmsley

I like that. Added to my library.  Thank you. 

I’ve slowly evolved into liking jazz, and like you, wouldn’t have called myself a jazz lover not long ago. But that does seem to be where I’m headed.

Both times I saw Brubeck were in very small venues, once when we were maybe ten feet away. It’s amazing to me to watch masters that close, no matter what it is they do. I mean, I could sit for hours and watch a skillful brick layer do his thing. I couldn’t articulate what I get from it but it’s meaningful to me regardless. 

Here’s another jazz artist you might like - Bheki Mseleku, from South Africa. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I love Skating.  As a kid, those brushed drums were every bit a sound of Christmas as any carol.

Wrong season but that reminds me of this from Bowie and Bing. The only version of drummer boy worth listening to. 

Man, 1977. Bowie, Bing and Star Wars all in the same year. I was a spoiled kid. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OKAY - A couple more, but i really have to get back to whatever i was doing before this offramp.

Sadly Brenda passed before we saw her. 

LSBM, we did see, in fact were invited back stage to meet them at a small college appearance on their first American tour.  i guess they just wanted to talk to 3 pasty white Canadians and 1 Norwegian...  you would have thought my in laws were meeting the HRH ER II... 

and finally, just to keep the folks up in North Dakota on their toes and wondering WITW is going on... 

Also great Road Music, Whilst sipping COFFEE and PULLING "SNY SD UP".

"All Genre All the Time"  Music the Language of the Universe...

• Love 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

FWIW, this entire album is incredible and I say that even though I am somewhat biased (drummer sent me the chords for intro as he was the one who actually wrote this song’s intro guitar part). Mark Hennessy (lead vocals) was with grunge era’s most over-looked and critically-acclaimed release “Dragline” by Paw. Out of Lawrence KS. Hennessy is also a poet and taught writing at a college (factoid).

Edited by Moonlight Mile
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

On 3/18/2021 at 7:37 PM, BackofBeyond said:

One from the back of the  file

The double live album with this on it is incredible and still in my playlists. “Mercenary Territory” and “Spanish Moon” on same live album are amazing!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

This entire thread just comforts me - the vast array of music and artists displayed here span almost the entire spectrum of music genres. ( don't think I've seen any Opera, little classical) 

My hats off to you all, one would be hard pressed to characterize the group as a bunch of doddering old folks, quietly enjoying their RV, waiting for the sun to set. 

Once again - I find there are not enough hours in the day - and now I have to find time to add new music to my systems. Jeesh, what next, I fear to think.

RB

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201