What are you listening to? Video Thread

JWalmsley

And now for something completely different...

The song is The Dance by Robert Mirabal from the Taos Pueblo (fast forward past the traditional intro of you want). The dancer is Ria Thundercloud from Sandia Pueblo. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 2

To further the native American theme - and my own heritage - here is an early Elton John -  a voice and a piano.

Perhaps one of the first albums I really listened to as a very young man. Madman Across The Water.

Edited by BackofBeyond
  • Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

And I had forgotten this one - squirrelled away on my puter  thingie:

Edited by BackofBeyond
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Today's still Friday, right?  Daylight savings has me confused.

New music, regardless.

°

Someone lamented the lack of classical tunes being posted, so here.  This actually gets classified by Apple as Classical Crossover, whatever that is.  

The hand dance thing is called tutting, by the way.  All the rave.  If you like the song, also check out her version of Nick Cave's Jubilee Street.  

°

More not quite classical - this one gets classified as such despite being obviously more electronic than the first.  But I'm good with it.

°

How about one more?  Officially they're calling this ambient, but I'd say it's as classical as the others, in a Philip Glass vein.  (It's really IDM, which stands for intelligent dance music, which is a horrible description so no wonder they're avoiding it.  But what's in a name, it's all clicks and pops in the end these days.). Cool video.

°

Here's some soundtrack music that fits with what's above.  Pretty good (about the same as the movie), though the whole sound at the end is clearly...influenced...by the end of Gosh from Jamie xx.  Everything is a remix.

°

Some jazz, of course.  Sort of.  Everyone is dancing this week.  I think I saw some tutting.

°

I did a post on Ocie Elliott earlier, and look here, a new song...

°

Some moody downbeat guitar from Mogwai.  Has a nice feel to it.

°

And finally, I think I posted some new UNKLE last week, but he dropped the full album yesterday, which is a mix tape of new versions of the last album plus three new songs.  This is another of the new ones, with a Motown vibe just like the other two.  

°

Bonus tutting!

Edited by Overland

11 hours ago, Overland said:

Time for some more serious stuff.  

Hmm, it does take some effort to get through a few - But then  - I am just a one person - almost fit, but not a Tik-Tok sample, ,.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Overland said:

I'm certain that you're laughing at my very funny videos and not my taste in music.  😝

Actually I was hoping for more "Bond" music - 😉

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Interesting stuff Mr. Snowball. I'm not sure when/where I would listen to some of it - perhaps on a long drive - I could see that working out - yeah - about half way across Kansas - heading west-. It would be perfect.

RB

• Moderators

Not near long enough!😄

For those folks in KS and OK - I'm only kidding.  There is actually a bunch of beauty in those corn and sun flower fields.

Edited by topgun2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"