What are you listening to? Video Thread

JWalmsley

Oklahoma -  yes can be - mmm lonely - Must be why the Feds banished my grandmother there back in 1890's - after a long walk north -  - she escaped- Ha. 

Eastern OK is actually decent - perhaps because it is actually ARK. 

Kansas - well I am sure it has its redeeming features. I have great repour with its inhabitants  - but I admit - all have been brief travel stop/go employees.  The roads are really good - see - positive comments. 

music - yes

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

I actually prefer Kansas to Oklahoma.  Mainly because I've never found a good place to stop for the night in either OK or that top part of Texas, whatever you call that.  I've always called it West Oklahoma.  

In Kansas, you've got the COE campground at Tuttle, and you can stay there and go eat dinner at Harry's in Manhattan, which is a pretty nice place.  College town.

I have no music to add to that.  

But here's something.  Dizzy Gillespie tune, but I've been looking for the origin of this specific version for years.  The only recording I have is ripped off this video, so if anyone can figure out exactly where this recording comes from, I will make you a cocktail at the next rally.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jazz - really nice here - making something out of nothing. Good integration of differing concepts. One pure spontaneous, the other very systematic. Cool .

RB

According to sources - a take off of: 

or perhaps its on the album - a guess.

Edited by BackofBeyond
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

How about a return to a classic - at least for a certain age group.

This version from Hell Freezes Over is even better than the original in my opinion:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

How about a return to a classic - at least for a certain age group.

This version from Hell Freezes Over is even better than the original in my opinion:

Agree re better than the original. I’m also a fan of Joe “How Ya Dooooin’?” Walsh’s solo stuff. “Things” “Rosewood Bitters.” Helluva guitarist, great sense of humor lyrically.

• Like 2

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Two new amazing finds of late for us are the Swede Daniel Norgren and also solo artist Buck Meek of the Indy band Big Thief. Norgren sings and plays guitar, harmonica, accordion, piano, and drums. When he's with his band their sound often reminds me of The Band. Buck Meek is a different story. A bit odd perhaps in his body movements, ala Joe Cocker kind of, but an amazing lyricist and singer, plus he plays an interesting guitar. 

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Early days?

Heck!  I STILL listen to JT and Ms. Krauss and even Carol King from time to time.

Bill

Meaning, I first heard the  music as a younger feller. Now that  I am slightly past the middle part of the actuarial tables - The songs too often bring back memories - many that seem just like yesterday. Seems my mind continues to write checks, that the body struggles to cash..... 

Allison and Robert Plant have some compilations - that are really good - Ms. Krouse had to carry him a little...... However - I must say I saw Mr. Plant at Bonnaroo a few years back and he was darn good. I admit - I have no Carol King in my playlist - probably should. 

RB 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roguebooks said:

Two new amazing finds of late for us are the Swede Daniel Norgren and also solo artist Buck Meek of the Indy band Big Thief. Norgren sings and plays guitar, harmonica, accordion, piano, and drums. When he's with his band their sound often reminds me of The Band. Buck Meek is a different story. A bit odd perhaps in his body movements, ala Joe Cocker kind of, but an amazing lyricist and singer, plus he plays an interesting guitar. 

Interesting - I will have to keep him in mind. 

The signature track (all are good), off of a GREAT Album.

So much Great Music... So Little Time!!!

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

David Gilmour, "High Hopes." An incredible song, and note Michael Kamen (RIP) on piano and Caroline Dale's cello. Such an evocative, moody, then soaring piece. I watch-listen to this fairly regularly. The choral group is amazing as well.

Same with this one: "Coming Back to Life." 

There is a reason guitarists rank Gilmour way up at the top with EVH. 

At the 3:45 mark, well, speechless. He makes it look so easy. Diggin' bassist Chucho Merchán too. Whoa.

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png