What are you listening to? Video Thread

JWalmsley

The calendar says that I'm scheduled to impose my musical taste on you guys.  Yes, New Music Friday.  Are we excited?   We are excited.  I mean, just look at this guy -

🕺

Starting off, as always, with some Russian electro pop -

And then jump right in to whatever we call this - goth grunge house?  My wife will love it.

iTunes tells me this just came out but YouTube says it's a year old.  I'll allow it - just a really nice meld of western and eastern melodies.

I admit I do not listen to a lot of non-russian pop, but this found it's way into my library this week.  Maybe it's not really pop.  Maybe it's actually Russian?

Just kidding about only listening to Russian pop.  I also like French pop.

...and of course French-Senagalese Pop Hip Hop. I think this is also a few months old but, also allowed -

Billy Nomates.  I love Bily Nomates -

I understand a few of you are boomers.  So you may like Paul McCartney?  I've heard of him - he was with Wings, right?

Finally, to make up for those two maybe older songs, here's one (don't call it techno, it's not techno) that got released literally two hours ago.  Fresh!

Edited by Overland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, Mr. Snowball - that is music I would never have heard - but for your Friday follies. Interesting stuff for certain. 

Here is an artist I haven't seen mentioned here -. 

Double cheeseburger for me. I get one once a quarter.   

RB

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Keith “I’m Bloody 167 Years Old, Beat That If You Can, Wankers” Richards did a solo album years ago, when he was only 135, and I love this song. Keef is not known for his, uh, vocalist skills, but IMHO he does a good job on this one. 

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Joe Perry was supposedly super annoyed that Tyler did this album. I like this song. Sorry not sorry, Joe.  Heh. Apologies for hogging the thread but I blame a former career as a rock DJ on it. Pfft.

Edited by Moonlight Mile

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Moonlight Mile said:

Heh. Apologies for hogging the thread but I blame a former career as a rock DJ on it. Pfft.

No worries.  You're not hogging the thread.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

It's raining here. Watching the swirling winds. At least it's filling the cistern. We're nice and dry on the deck, undercover.

From my childhood. I hear this song in my head, when it rains.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Check it out, otters, I got some new dancin shoes yesterday.

IMG_1248.jpeg.95c0f0887bd405a517cb8613f1b04718.jpeg

So let's not waste time, and get outside to do a little happy dance around our Ollies - it's New Music Friday!

Whew, that was fun.  I hope no one hurt anything.  Let's settle it down with something that sounds like a remake.  You guys will know better than me - it's got a very 70's/80's rock ballad jibe.

This is an easy summertime song from Lebanese singer/songwriter/guitarist Roger Fakhr -

I know some of you are wondering why classic rock guitar is currently being preserved in the deserts of Northern Africa.  The answer is because these guys know their strings - 

My wife did like the Louisahhh song from last week, in case you were wondering.  I'm certain that you all did, too; so here's another.  Louisahhh is angry.

And no NMF is complete without some of my floaty electronica. Is floaty a genre?  Sure, why not -

No, I can't leave you with just one.  This one is a bit more experimental, at least on the lyrics side -

And finally, something calming to get everyone into a chill vibe for a spring weekend - 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Love the shoes, Overland. And, thanks for the music.

This one's not "brand new." From Norway's supergroup, Keiino, a mix of European, joiking, and rap. In Sami. Even if you don't love the song (which I do), you'll probably enjoy the scenery. The scenes filmed on Slogen (around 5,000 ft.) required a 7 hour hike, carrying gear, and an overnight stay in a cabin. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

5 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Love the shoes, Overland. And, thanks for the music.

This one's not "brand new." From Norway's supergroup, Keiino, a mix of European, joiking, and rap. In Sami. Even if you don't love the song (which I do), you'll probably enjoy the scenery. The scenes filmed on Slogen (around 5,000 ft.) required a 7 hour hike, carrying gear, and an overnight stay in a cabin. 

This reminded me of a Sami album I had years ago and it took a bit of archeology to recover the name from my memory, and a song from it on the internet - 

Still strikes me how similar it is to Native American music.

Of course, you also reminded me of the Will Ferrel Eurovision movie, which yes was dumb, but surprisingly better than it should have been - 

• Like 1

Some of the best guitarists in the industry (at least IMHO) have more than a little fun with the Game of Thrones theme song. If you haven’t seen this, you owe it to yourself to see it for the musicianship. If you play guitar at all, you will be blown into a wormhole and never return. See you there. (Yes I play. But not “quite” at this level, LOL). 

It starts around 2:00 if you want to skip the quick “how ya wanna do this?” chat, but I always watch the whole thing.

Scott Ian (Anthrax) never does a solo (and he certainly could). Modest, down-to-earth and happy to be the foundation. Cool dude. Tom Morello has such a distinctive style. Well yeah they all do. This is GREAT FUN.

• Like 3

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

1 minute ago, Mike and Carol said:

Interesting to see Brad Paisley in there....

YES! And many of my “way better than I will ever be” pro guitarist friends say he is actually the best in it. If such a thing can even be said at this level. 

• Like 1

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

1 minute ago, Mike and Carol said:

Most folks think he’s just a country boy that sings about muddy trucks but I’ve seen him really wail on his paisley Fender.

Underestimate or pigeonhole any of these guys at your peril! 

• Haha 1

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

Around these parts Brad is well known as a master of the guitar. There is an interesting video with Joe B interviewing Brad. They talk guitars and such.....

Live From Nerdville with Joe Bonamassa - Episode 17 - Brad Paisley - YouTube

RB

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201