Awning Parts available (free to a good home)

At the rally earlier this month there were a few owners that had awning damage from the strong storms that blew through. One directly across from us lost their entire awning and asked if I could haul it to the dumpster area for them since I had a truck. I did so, but before I did I cannibalized any undamaged parts that I could carry with the intent of offering them here for any owner that might need any of them.

The awning was a Carefree awning.

I salvaged the fabric, support arms, and several other pieces of hardware.

If any of you are in need of any parts that I may have, just let me know.

• Thanks 5

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

Oh my goodness, this is amazing! Duke & I were just discussing the need to replace the orange plastic clip on one of the braces & I popped onto the Oliver site to see if I could find out the awning specs. Is it possible you have what we need?

20180526_190200.jpg.5b0fb5695842f14c82007a51f77d5974.jpg

Fingers crossed.

Thank you no matter the outcome!

Chris

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

I do have both of the brace arms with the orange clips.....not sure how to remove the clip though? I can either send you the complete arm or get info from someone on how to remove the clip.

Either way I am happy to get it to you.

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

d

We found the clip on the carefree site. It's only $6 plus shipping. That appears to be the best route since it is riveted & removing it wouldn't be practical. Your arms would be best for someone who needs the entire thing - and I am sure there is an Ollie owner out there who will need them. (Hopefully, it won't be us!)

Thank you for your foresight & kindness. You are what makes this community so special.

Chris

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

I need the other orange clip if Chris dont need both. I will look at mine today and see if I can see if it comes apart.

The manual that Bill Townes posted a link to is good for the assembly and for the part number - if you decide to order (Like Chris and Duke) no problem, if you still want me to take it off and mail I can do it. Let me know either way.

• Thanks 1

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

d

• Moderators

Major chops to each person above! This is a great example of what Oliver people and this Forum are all about. Charitable, concerned about others and willing to share information. Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of the world worked this way?

Bill

• Thanks 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Related to this post, our Carefree awning weathered a hail storm last week outside Grand Teton with no issues. I'll try to do a post this week with some pics on how I've modified the awning and how I tie it down for the weather.

But yeah, those little orange clips are going to be a constant headache for all of us with the Carefree. I've also broken off one of the metal tabs on the top joint of one of the arms by twisting it before I got it fully extended and that seemed to break off way too easily.

• Thanks 1