Anderson trailer jack block

Hikegsm

• Moderators

I'm guessing that these Andersen's are a bit lighter than wood - but at that price I think that I'll take the chance with termites. On the other hand, the Andersen ramps are great!

P1000871.thumb.jpg.59de4a38db291228ef7dbbf324dacf4f.jpg

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I have 3 of these and like them. Very light and store easily in the "basement". They are very stable in loose soil, sand, mud, etc. Pretty high, too, so you don't have to extend the jacks very far to create stability. They won't degrade over time either.

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

I also have two of the levelers

Hi Don, do the levelers need to be trimmed at all to fit between the wheels? I just received mine and if they need trimming I'd prefer to do that from the comfort of home.

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Nope - no trimming necessary. However, it is a fairly snug fit. Really not bad except for when it is time to leave camp. One must be a bit careful to back off the levelers far enough so that you can remove them from under the wheels, but, not back off so far that the leveler in between the wheels gets "trapped".

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill, as always, is correct! These work with an Elite II right out of the box. Back off of them slowly when you're ready to break camp. I've never had a problem with getting them stuck between the wheels.

Don

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

We won a pair at the 2017 Rally. We use one under the tongue and leave the other one home. We use 11" long 4 x 4 under the rear jacks and they stack easily in the back of the truck during transit. They have a hole drilled in one end with a spliced rope through the hole, much like the chocks that hold aircraft wheels. The Big red thing is bulky and hard to store. No hand holds either and the top holds water. Also when we took an extended trip at the end of February Big red was frozen into the field and would not budge. Luckily we had the 'spare' and recovered the other when we returned in early spring. We also have two stacks of the orange 'blocks', but have limited the use to occasionally making up ramps for the tires.