Easy access to top of Oliver

Townesw

A buddy of mine came across a gaggle of rolling ladders that had been scrapped by a “warehouse store”. They had been cut in such a way as to render them unusable but all the pieces were there and with a little welding and straightening I wound up with a good rolling ladder that makes it easy to access the top of my wife’s trailer without having to climb on top.

5082F8F9-8E5C-4F6D-8C62-0EB969CA90E6.thumb.jpeg.8b102ae4b4d4b5cc6eb5b7b533cecb26.jpeg

That fellow on the rolling ladder is just some over fed fellow that my wife got to wash her camper.

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• Moderators

Sure would be nice if that over fed fellow would come over and wash mine for me.

Bill

p.s. I like the ladder - is it stable even when most of the weight is near the wheel side?

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

It is more stable sideways than I thought it would be. Of course it is very stable if placed perpendicular to the side of the trailer. I didn’t want to lean a ladder against the side of the trailer and I didn’t want to climb on top. I could wash the upper part of the side as I went up to wash the top. Had a place to set my bucket also. Will probably put some foam pipe insulation on the places that might touch the camper. Actually got the thing to use to reach shelves high in my shop. I wouldn’t want to go out and buy a new one. I have seen used ones for sale.

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Very cool find. It looks safe to me.

I wish I had the room to store such a platform, I hang ladders vertically on my RV bay wall: an articulated “ladder bot” Werner for washing, and a big fixed “16 foot reach” Werner platform ladder for the high ceiling. Neither take up any floor space when not being used, and minimal wall space. I did have to rig a block and tackle to allow me to get the big one up there by myself, it is awkwardly long and heavy for my aging muscles....

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.