Making the Oliver Decision

Ken_Judy

• Moderator+

So what’s your decision? I really can’t imagine owning anything less than an Oliver. Oh wait, that’s everything else.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

I’ve seen this video before. It was good to watch it again to really appreciate the time and care that goes into building an Oliver. In addition to the near wreckless speed of the workers I see a lot of safety issues. I wouldn’t want to be associated with that operation. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I love the furniture chute, where the stapled together, raw pine cabinets come crashing down. No wonder they fall apart while towing. Scary stuff, I thought at times that the video was speeded up, do they really spin an entire frame assembly that fast, and do workers actually RUN?

In fact, I would run, not walk, from a job like that. I would rather live under a bridge than do that kind of mindless, intense assembly work. I wonder what the worker turnover rate is...? Watch and compare how they build classic Capri truck campers, that is the only stick and staple RV worth owning.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 1 month later...