"Ollie Gear" Company Store, products desired. Speak up!

Here is what I just sent....

Hi Anita,

Are there Oliver branded products that we can purchase? I am especially interested in a high quality full zip fleece vest, long sleeved sun shirt, or uninsulated windbreaker with small Oliver name and mountain logo on the front. It needs to be a mature and classy color and design. Columbia would be a fine choice:

https://www.columbia.com/mens-flashback-windbreaker-jacket-1589321.html?cgid=men-jacketsVests-windbreakers&dwvar_1589321_variationColor=963#srule=MostPopular&start=0

These are great, I have one with an Earth Roamer logo that is my favorite. I would love to have a similar Oliver one:

https://www.columbia.com/mens-silver-ridge-long-sleeve-shirt-AM7453.html?cgid=men-shirts-longsleeve&dwvar_AM7453_variationColor=413#start=3

I know there would be much interest in mugs, clothing, etc, what’s up?  Father’s Day is soon and I need to find a trailer specific gift to suggest to my kids. I hope you are busy and well.

Who else wants Ollie Gear (cool name for a store) and what would you like to buy? Post links please.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

A hat, a coffee cup, a fleece vest, a fleece full zip jacket, maybe a wind breaker/rain jacket. Of course a key fob for the trailer keys, but that would probably be a "free-be" with the trailer purchase. A decal for the TV rear window and a bumper sticker. And I suppose there probably will be every available option for the Oliver Travel Trailer on display in the store as well. So many choices. Ok, guess we will take them all...

• Administrators

Thank you everyone for your input and support for the Oliver brand!

We will be looking for products and distribution over the next few weeks. We will more than likely have some Oliver maintenance products as well... wheel bearing kits, Truma Decalcification Tablets, etc.

I'm sorry to say we won't have anything available until after Father's Day but we will have something up in the next month or so!

• Thanks 5
  • Like 1

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

Well, guess we'll have choices for Christmas, Hannuka, and mom's and dad's day 2019. Looking forward to it.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I will add my voice to this and think it is a great marketing idea. From my years of marketing experience, I know this is expensive to setup and maintain. If we want quality products and Oliver to over see this business, we need to set our expectation for fairly high priced products. Cost to inventory different sizes and have staff process orders timely adds up. And there are Always ideas that don't sell.

• Thanks 4

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• 1 year later...

Bump, any updates? It has been a year.....Can I order cool Oliver branded stuff? I have seen no mention of this, other than the free swag handed out at rallies.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Oliver marketing has given away Oliver t-shirts at some rallies and (if they have them in stock) have given t-shirts to new owners of Ollies at delivery. Since you have a relatively new Ollie and if you didn't get a t-shirt at delivery, you might want to call your sales agent and ask nicely if you can get one (or two).

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I will add my voice to this and think it is a great marketing idea. From my years of marketing experience, I know this is expensive to setup and maintain. If we want quality products and Oliver to over see this business, we need to set our expectation for fairly high priced products. Cost to inventory different sizes and have staff process orders timely adds up. And there are Always ideas that don’t sell.

I agree for the most part, but a small Ollie Store with say a dozen different popular products, plus once weekly order processing and shipping, would be easy enough. Most clothing items would just need to be slid into padded envelopes and addressed. I don’t think people here expect the speed and output of an Amazon store, nor do they require a dedicated showroom with polished glass counters, lots of shelving and hat racks... Any old corner or unused large closet would be adequate to stack boxes.

Any excess inventory gets given away free at rallies or RV shows.

NOT having Ollie gear is lost advertising. Giving away extra items, that are both unexpected and cool, at rallies is a tremendous good will gesture.  The highlight of the Overland rallies that I have attended is always the after dark bonfire and gift giveaway, where people are given numbers and the host draws them from a hat for prizes. Most prizes are worth only a few bucks, but some are jaw dropping. I don’t expect Oliver to give away valuable products, the sponsors supply those usually, but it would be a very nice way to give away inventory that is gathering dust.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Moderators

At the last rally we got very nice Oliver insulated mugs. Nice Oliver hats were also available. I think a small virtual “store” with logo hats, T-shirts, polo shirts, camp chairs, mugs, etc. would be popular. Agree that shipping could be when stock is refreshed, can’t compete with Amazon. I’m ready to place my order..... Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Oliver marketing has given away Oliver t-shirts at some rallies and (if they have them in stock) have given t-shirts to new owners of Ollies at delivery. Since you have a relatively new Ollie and if you didn’t get a t-shirt at delivery, you might want to call your sales agent and ask nicely if you can get one (or two).

Bill

Thanks Bill. I acquired my Ollie used so no t-shirt for me :(

D&J | Waxahachie, TX

Nuggett #361 | 2018 Toyota Tundra Crew Max Platinum 4x4 5.7L

Mine is used too, but you cannot tell it by looking!

Can we see pictures? How is your knee doing?

John Davies

Spokane WA

I will send pictures the next time I go to where it is stored. The neighborhood rules state "no trailers, campers or boats" in your driveway, so I found a place a couple of blocks from my house that will store my Oliver. Thanks for asking about the knee..It is still swollen, hot to the touch and I am still on pain pills...after 4 weeks. Getting tired of it.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
I will send pictures the next time I go to where it is stored. The neighborhood rules state “no trailers, campers or boats” in your driveway, so I found a place a couple of blocks from my house that will store my Oliver. Thanks for asking about the knee..It is still swollen, hot to the touch and I am still on pain pills…after 4 weeks. Getting tired of it.

What type of knee surgery did you have?  From my limited experience with knee surgery, only 5 times, hot generally means infection.  Have you been back to the doctor?  Are you doing physical therapy?  I know everyone’s pain level is different, but I stopped pain pills 2 days after an total knee replacement.  And remember, ice is your friend for swelling.

Mike

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I agree with Mike, you need to see your doc and get on strong antibiotics at least. Don’t delay. You don’t want to be on addictive pain meds any longer than absolutely necessary.

https://www.healthline.com/health/signs-of-infection-after-surgery

Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks Mike. I have been back to the doctor, but only saw the PA. He said it was normal to still hurt and to be swollen. I am doing therapy 2 times a week, but don't think it is helping. This has been a bummer because I had to go to therapy a month before the surgery (to jump through the insurance hoops) and then do the surgery..so all in all this knee has been hurting me for way over 2 months. And that is why I have not been too crazy about doing anything with the Oliver. Just hobbling along and popping pills.

I'm new to this party and understand value of the items everyone is requesting. it's clear that Oliver is good at making and delivering about 150+/- very big ticket items and not set up to encourage or manage a large number of small ticket transactions. I have yet to visit the factory but from afar it's pretty safe to assume this needs to be considered and budgeted as a marketing expense. Yep an expense. Even if they take fat margins on these items, they will mostly likely be financial losers because of a lack of infrastructure for this very different kind of business activity. Yep an activity with great feel good and good will affirming value for all involved.

This said, I think it's time for them to find a way to put their toe in water, keep it simple and have available a few good quality items. I might suggest they consider outsourcing the inventory, transaction / fulfillment to a third party that good at managing larger volume, small ticket business activities so the folks at Oliver can focus on their core strengths and keep making great trailers.

• Thanks 1

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

My guess is that the local VFW Auxiliary would love to fill orders as a way to raise funds. If Oliver was to just recover costs, it would reap many benefits for them in brand recognition (and a lot cheaper than advertising). Brand recognition and awareness is in valuable, ask any major sports team...

• Thanks 1