Made my wife’s day

Townesw

Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic with my wife’s Oliver behind my truck today, moving at a snail’s pace on I75 in Lexington KY when I hear a “toot-toot” beside me. I look over, then up at a truck driver motioning for me to roll my window down (like when windows had a crank). I’m thinking Oh Crap! Has my battery tray latch broken or is my window shade about to fall off or is he going to remind me to grease my EZ Flex suspension? So I roll my window down and the fellow yells out “Has that thing got a bathroom in it?” I hollar back “Yes Sir” and he gives me a thumbs up and says “I like it!”

Now how often does that happen to somebody pulling an Airstream or SOB (Some Other Brand)?

Made my wife’s day.

Well, mine too.

• Thanks 6

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

It's always great to watch the side mirrors as people come upon you, slow down, fall back a little, sit there all the while pointing and talking, then continue to pass and give a thumbs up as they go by.

My favorite so far, was being down south, bad accident stuck stopped on the highway for about 45 minutes or so and out stretching the legs and other drivers requesting tours, so on the fast lane of whatever highway that was Oliver tours available.

• Thanks 3

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

It’s always great to watch the side mirrors as people come upon you, slow down, fall back a little, sit there all the while pointing and talking, then continue to pass and give a thumbs up as they go by.

Yes, I have noticed that also.

So, those folks are sort of “tailgating” while looking at an Oliver, so they are “Olliegating”. And when they pass you and give you a thumbs up (salutation) that is an “Ollietation”.?

• Thanks 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

We were going to Florida, a few years back, and these 2 older ladies were driving kind of weird, they would pass us, then drive slow, then we would pass them. I mentioned to my wife, we need to put some distance between them and us. A few miles down the road we entered a rest area for lunch, and low and behold, they pulled up along side of us. They just wanted a closer look at our Ollie. We had a nice chat and they were on their way.

Stan

• Thanks 2

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

There's a part of my mind that still has trouble coping with pulling into a gas station and having people quickly approaching you to ask about the Oliver. Thank goodness that I rarely am doing this at night.

Just how is it that a quick stop for gas can turn into a half hour Ollie tour?

Still it is nice to see that others recognize the same qualities that attracted most of us to Olivers in the first place.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On the way back from the factory a few months ago, I had a truck pull up next to me and start honking his horn. I looked over and the passenger had his head out the window yelling 'what kind of trailer is that?'. Really? You want to have this conversation at 70mph? To make it worse, I was on the phone with a client at the time trying to get some work done while I was driving.

• Thanks 1