Hull #310 Launches!

Alison

We picked up our Oliver on Monday and drove/camped our way back to Colorado, arriving back home today. Thanks to everyone on this forum for so much valuable information - it made packing for the trip much easier. We love our new Oliver!

Alison

6D67548B-BB57-4C8D-9696-7C158E9B5B7B.thumb.jpeg.45d4ed74af2844820b66cf0de4239789.jpeg

24612544-F6AD-44A1-BF04-60EE7C569AF3.thumb.jpeg.6e42679e2ba64a90d14720a68e1d6c2c.jpeg

DE8DE4E5-0944-4BB2-BE0A-02D7714E3214.thumb.jpeg.3cabfd452896306dce68f626c486e139.jpeg

0FC3D94E-C111-4E83-9ADC-BDF06F73CBA4.thumb.jpeg.6cc298db202577baddf95aa496e3fd6f.jpeg

• Thanks 4

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

Fixed your first pic....

498800A9-3504-4000-A4AC-B505F4A4F85B.thumb.jpeg.f714c28e2f7e796f43120452c5ce3747.jpeg

Your daughter has a delightful smile, how does she like the Ollie?

Welcome to the Oliver Family.

We are headed to western CO in less than a month, we will explore the Ouray area for a week, then head north to Black Canyon and Dinosaur NM, I can’t wait! Where will you folks be then?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John,

Thanks for fixing the photo - it was upright when I posted it, and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it when it showed up upside down! Still figuring out the forum.

My daughter likes the trailer, but humorously she told me she likes the tent better “because it feels like real camping.” She didn’t complain when she got to have hot cholocate in bed in her jammies, though! And she definitely likes skipping the campground toilets - we usually camp where there are pit toilets or we are boondocking and using our river rafting toilet, so this is a serious step up in facilities.

My hubby and I are going to try out dispersed camping in it in about two weeks to go mountain biking while Annika is at sleepaway camp, then we are going to camp at Lake Granby in mid-July. We don’t have any specific plans beyond that, but will certainly do a fall leaf watching trip in September and probably a family camping trip with grandparents, uncles/aunts. Really looking forward to fall camping in it.

I love the Ouray area. We are looking forward to really exploring Colorado in the coming years. Look forward to hearing how your trip goes - I know you’ve spent a lot of time out here before. We’ll have to try to cross paths on one of your trips out here.

Alison

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

We’ve been home for about five hours and I already have a request from someone to view the Oliver - she’s really not fit for company after having two adults, one kid, and one good size dog spend the last week in there!

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

Congratulations and welcome to the Oliver family.

We got back from a monthlong trip a couple weeks ago and had someone follow us through town to our home, excited to see an Oliver.

Happy camping.

• Thanks 1

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

• Moderators

Really nice that your trip seemed to be without and major troubles. Its obvious that the humans like the Oliver, but, what about the pup?

One of my favorite campgrounds in Colorado is Gold Park (about 45 minutes south, southwest of Vail). Its small (14 sites) and gets full on weekends but the Homestake creek is right there and there are some great hikes very close (Missouri Lakes and Fancy Lake trails).

Keep us posted on your adventures!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The pup is a VERY high energy half vizsla half golden, and we were worried how she would handle the small quarters, but she was great! She claimed her spot on her dog bed at the edge of the dinette/king bed and was happy.

I’ve not been to Gold Park - will definitely check it out! Our favorite CG is Lost Lake, above Crested Butte.

Everything in the Oliver works great so far, and we’ll give the off-grid features a go in two weeks. The only problem we have had so far is some pretty bad bubbling on the vinyl floor, but that can be easily fixed/replaced and is cosmetic, so no complaints here if that is our biggest new camper problem!

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

• Moderators

If you decide to go to Gold Park take water with you as the only water available is what you would get out of the creek. Also,, if you hike up to Missouri Lakes be advised that the lakes up there are filled with brook trout - easy to catch especially at the inlet to the main (furthest west) lake. Some of the largest Marmots I've ever seen up there and there are almost always mountain goats up on the Missouri pass. Site 7 is the best if you can get it.

Bill

p.s. Mike and Carol are in Crested Butte right now if you have any pointers for them.

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"