Over Easy, Please

• Moderators

On the Lake, Butcherknife prepares Breakfast. After friday nights cast, we caught just under 100 pounds of fish ! We would need a good breakfast to carry us through the fish cleaning.

>

05-03-08_0916.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Ok, now we all know what Butcherknife looks like...hey there woman!..... and we all know what Chuck looks like, but hand that danged camera over to yer woman and have her push the button so we can all see what you look like Mountainborn! It's ok...... women have been known to take pretty pictures too! LOL!

I like grits with my eggs........ ya'll fix grits too ???

Geri

• Moderators

Grits, grits ! My middle name is grits ! Yeh, we like grits !

My picture ? Girls can take pix also ? Why, yes they can, here is one my sweetie took of me. You may have trouble recognising me because of the camo I am wearing: :o

DSC00341.jpg

Photo credit: Butcherknife :shock:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

OK Mountainborn, between your "Blair Witch Project" videos and this Arkansas Chain Saw Massacre photo of you, i'm starting to get just a bit concerned . . . perhaps someone should call the cops. :o OOOPS . . . too late!! :lol:

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Hello World,

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to post. VERY BUSY HERE…I have been following the “Tumbleweed & Mountainborn fishing exploits” and have some input like the others on a few points.

Movies from Mountainborn- I have been telling him he needs to get a new camera or something to improve the quality of the pictures and movies. Now, after reading Pete’s ‘Movie Review and Comments” I have a new fondness and appreciation of his unique filming style. It’s wonderful with its “Blair Witch” style and flair, leaves a lot to the imagination. Yet the “Jason Mask” and chain saw is a bit much. Folks, he’s giving you an impression of an evil man but I think the truth is (ButcherKnife can confirm or dispel this) is that he’s really a “Big Ole Teddy Bear”. :D

Subject Matter of His Movies- is it just me or is the content usually of …Here’s ButcherKnife cooking breakfast, here’s ButcherKnife catching fish, here’s ButcherKnife cooking the fish, here’s Chuck catching the fish and so on. Mountainborn, other than filming what do you do? Does your creative filming ability suffer if you catch the fish or cook it etc…

Well, there are more questions but I’ve gotta go for now.

Take care everybody and “Happy Camping” while I sit in this hot and Dusty Plant dreaming of someday having my own “Little Ollie”. :(

• Moderators

BuffaloBob, we cain't wait till we can camp out with you guys ! No wait, Butcherknife and Butterknife would sit up all night trading stories about us and we would suffer setbacks in our devious ways that we might never recover from ! :shock::o:(

• Moderators

About the hockey mask & tree photo: I am standing by a Indian Trail Marker tree. It is located on a very old "settlers" trail that crosses the Cossatot River nearby. Cossatot is translated from the indian language as, "skull crusher", because the swift clear river can really get up and rage at times.

Sometimes called a "thong" tree because they were formed by using a leather thong, they give direction of travel and other information. They were an early American road sign for travelers. This one was made just after the civil war. This old trail was a wagon trail at that time. It points to a very good spring of water with large trees to camp under. There are signs of the spring's use for many, many years before that period. For example, evidence of flint knaping to make arrowheads and other tools such as hide scrapers.

The age of white oak trees can be determined by measuring their circumfrence at a height of 60" then a small multiplication problem.

Treasure hunters or artifact hunters just love to find ancient signs such as this tree, hence the silly disguise, and the GPS showing that the position is marked.

mmmmmmmmmm, bet you thought we could all read your gps huh??? Gonna steal your cache ??? LOL !

Well I'm glad to know you aren't the Arkansas Chainsaw Massacre-ist, just a fun lovin' old coot who still won't show his face! :D !

Interesting tale about the tree though. I really looked at it and it amazed me that it evolved into such an odd shape. Now I know why.

BTW, Chuck made it to CA in one piece! Seems his trailer wires got crossed and they blink good......just the wrong one blinks ! A camper in NM told him about it. He got out and checked and sure enough... the right blinker blinks for turning left and .......well you get the idea. :roll: He's gonna take it in tomorrow to get fixed. LOL Chuck said the guys at the factory did a great job, they did their best to get him out of town on time. So he's not upset with anybody at Hohenweld, in fact, he thinks it's kinda funny!

Now, hand that camera to Butcherknife...... Or will we have to wait 6 weeks for Chuck to get back from CA to find the photos he took of you ????

LOL!

Geri

All right! Good to meet ya Mountainborn and Dillon! Wow, what a mess of catfish on that table! You all are very serious about your catfish eating! I like catfish a lot, but as many pounds as ya'll catch in a trip must last you a long, long, long, long time!

When I lived a few miles east of here, there was an old black man that sharpened knives and lawn mower blades etc on one of those wheel thingees that you pedal like a bicycle and the sharpening stone, set vertical, went around and around and the faster you pedaled the faster the wheel went. Well, he was sharpening something for me and I remarked about his very interesting necklace. It looked like it was made out of dented pearls about the size of the average marble. It had a yellowish color and a definite patina from being worn so long. When I asked him about it, he said it was his catfish necklace. ????? I had never heard of such a thing. He says in the brain area of the catfish head are those stones. Every time he cleaned a catfish, he saved those stones. When he had enough, he drilled holes in them and made necklaces! Now this wasn't the kind of necklace you would wear to a fancy ball.......... but ya know... it was one of those necklaces that was real interesting and you kept looking at it. Especially after he told you that story. Now Mountainborn, I have believed that old man's story for over 30 years now....... is it true? Do Catfish have pearl like rocks in their heads? This inquiring mind wants to know! I always felt like that old man wasn't quite telling me the truth, but yet I had no reason to disbelieve him. Thanks. Geri PS this is a long way from discussing Olivers........ but.....

• Moderators

Geri, we usually carry a small appartment sized freezer to the lake with us. The freezer has ice in it that is replaced with fish as we catch them. Butcherknife bags up the carefully trimmed fillets in different sizes, a meal for just us, a meal for if we have company and our favorite size, the WOO HOO come on over we gona' fish fry size ! :D The Friday night catch that netted ninety seven pounds of fish filleted out into a three gallon bucket brim full of carefully trimmed fillets. The freezer ain't full, yet, but we are a' workin' on it ! ;)

About the rock neclace, seen em', touched em', handled em', coveted em', yet never had one. There is such a fantastic amount of work involved and many fishing trips. They say, here in the inter Mountain region that another fresh water fish, the drum, has a rock also. Personaly, I couldn't say, never went a' prowlin' through a fish's brains a' lookin' fer' one. :oops:

• Moderators

This was lunch one day at the lake. Oppelousas Catfish, fried a bit extra crispy, with a cajun seasoning, taters' with purple onion fried up in em', pinto beans and hush puppies, Yum, Yum !

lastLunchApril06.jpg

Sometimes when at the lake by our selves, our inter-mountain raisin' gets the best of us and we do stuff like this ! :shock:

Here is the other part of the before and after fish fry photo set:

>

FlatheadFace.jpg

What a photogenic face this is ! :mrgreen: But a Oppelousas catfish is really, really, fine eatin' ! :D

• Moderators

Why, that there catfish is smilin' 'cause he's about to "give it up" to become part of a WORLD CLASS OPPELOUSAS INTER-MOUNTAIN CAJUN EXTRAVAGANZA!! :D No finer a service could be rendered by a catfish in its service to this cycle of life thingy!

Mountainborn, seriously . . . when are you gonna retire from your public servantry and open up the best little catfish eatery ever seen. Got a name for it:

"From the JUG to your MUG" ;)

All kinds of hidden meanings in that one. :lol:

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Hi ya'll,

As Geri said, made it to CA in one piece! Just got back from the Lake San Antonio Rally, 3 tried but the fish stayed well hid. :cry:

Ollie was well received with about 40 tours given, even 2 from another campground! This was a Fiberglass Rally put on by Mike and Lori Sanders, owners of that forum and is VERY well run and ya'll gotta' hit a Rally they're at to see and then taste, her Dutch Oven cooking!!!! :lol:

Now I don't know if ya'll kin cook catfish in a Dutch Oven but Butcherknife would know, she is one great cook and Mountainborn, please don't call her ' Deckhand' again... the consequenses could be disasterous...4 U !!!! Anyone who would like to see catfish jugging has got to see this team do it, talkin' about a well oiled machine!!!! We gotta' get together again soon!!!!Now that I see how they catch 'em and clean 'em, I wonder if I caught one n' filleted it, if Butcherknife would cook it???? Wish I'da had enough time to try it....well a good reason to take I 40 back!!! They are GREAT hosts, THANK YOU!!!!!! :D

Chuck 8-)