Spotted an Oliver!

Townesw

Today, headed east on US Highway 1, just outside Ellsworth ME eastern city limits. Burgundy and gray stripes. Black TV. I was driving the white Chevrolet truck, waving with both hands, not pulling a trailer. Does anyone here belong to it?

• Thanks 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Nope, not us. Ours is sitting in a field about 60 miles south of there. It has just been put back together inside after threading a new WiFi booster antenna wire. The old antenna had some how vanished. Maybe a low hanging branch? The whip was gone, but the magnet part was still there. You would have thought anything hitting the whip hard enough to break it off would have "popped" the magnet. An aside: according to Jason, the factory uses white silicone to seal the hole, stating more flexible than other choices. Knew we carried a small tube for a reason.

Our TV is a Ram, Forrest Green. That means it is green if the sun is on it directly. Otherwise it is black. The OTT has a State of Maine outline blue with the state seal on the nose instead of the usual logo.

Might be Walter Jenkins..he is going into Lobster Bouy CG?

IMG_20170913_1756593_rewind.thumb.jpg.2b9a37f1f5210659284180b5de595bcd.jpg

We were there last week on our way from Addison. Made an obligatory stop at the LL Bean outlet.

We loved the weather which was 40 degrees in the morning. Used the furnace whilst camping, but back at home it is in the 90's.

Cheers,

Legacy Elite I

ALCTDEFLGAKYMEMDMANHNJNYNCPARISCTNVTVAWV

• Moderators

Bill and Martha, I changed the name of your thread to just “Spotted an Oliver”. I spotted one today and thought it might be better to just have a thread for sightings in general. If you don’t agree just let me know.

We were on I-25 just west of Santa Fe, NM at about 2:00 today and saw an Elite II going the other way. TV was a dark pickup, I didn’t get a good look. We weren’t towing but we’re returning to our trailer at Cochiti Lake COE from Bandelier National Monument. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hi Again,

We are back in Ohio and saw this post, so replying again (we had previously replied via FB). We had a great time at Acadia and enjoyed staying at the Schoodic Woods Campground which is in the Schoodic area of the park. Very quiet campground with a lovely loop drive bringing you to Schoodic Point in 10 minutes. On our way home we made a quick stop at Freeport to run into the LL Bean Flagship store around 7:00 am. We parked in the RV parking lot down the street next to another Oliver (also with gray/burgundy stripes). It was still parked there when we left around 45 minutes later.

• Thanks 2

Pam & Steve Venneman

Hull #301

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Caught a glimpse if an Elite Ii headed north on I-95, near Richmond Hill exit 90, just south of Savannah.

Happy camping!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

And, another one! Near mm 20 on I95, just north of the Florida/Georgia line.

Dark pickup with a cap. 

Two Ollies in one day and one state. 😊

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.