Boler 50th Anniversary Rally - Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

MDuncan

• Administrators

Come join Oliver Travel Trailers from August 15th -19th as we attend the Boler 50th Anniversary gathering at Red River Exhibition Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Boler was the first fiberglass travel trailer invented in 1968 and made approximately 10,000 units before stopping production in 1988. Join us as we pay homage to the pioneer of fiberglass travel trailers!

The event is limited to the first 1000 trailers. Daily activities include trailer showcases, workshops, entertainment and much more. All campsites have asphalt parking and electric hookups. There is also fresh water and dump locations inside the park. For more information about the rally, visit their website at http://myboler.com/ or their Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/888471907908283/.

If you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, there is a “Camp Ollie” with limited space that will allow you to camp next to other Oliver owners. If you are an Oliver owner and plan to attend, contact “Camp Ollie” directors, owner Coy Gayle (hardrock) or Phil Andrews of Oliver Travel Trailers.

For any prospective owners, the event will be open to the public on Saturday August 18th if you do not plan to attend the entire event. If you would like a chance get up close and personal with an Oliver Travel Trailer come on by and take a tour of either our Legacy Elite or Legacy Elite II trailer models.

• Thanks 3

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

I would love to be there. Winnipeg is a beautiful city. And, some of my relatives entered into Canada in the last century, at Winnipeg. On to beautiful Saskatchewan....

Can't make this event, but we did attend a bolerama in Quebec 6 or 7 years ago. It was soooo much fun.

If any of you in the plains, or travelling Canada, can make it, you will have a wonderful time. Our Canadian neighbors to the north have always been great hosts. Warm, welcoming, fun around the campfire.

Wish we could be there.

Sherry

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

We made friends with a couple from Winnipeg when we led the Southern Utah Tour last year. They were traveling in a 40-something year old Boler. Coy has asked us to attend the Rally with him. I’ve spoken with our friends and they will be attending.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

We're considering it and just today were prodded to "go" by a friend. It's about 1700 miles from here, but would be a fun trip. There are groups planning to travel together from various areas, but we won't participate in that as we like to be independent and stop when we want to, instead of planning the whole trip and each night's location. The recent trip to Guntersville proved that method to be very good for us and we saw some very nice places that were not planned.

Oliver is planning to participate too. I just talked to Scott this morning.

I think about 400 trailers are signed up and there is room for 1000. Yikes! Thanks for the info, Matt!

Do we need anything more than passports and a dog health certificate to cross the border? I'm assuming the best approach would be to stock up on Canadian Dollars before entering too. Thoughts?

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• 2 weeks later...

2nd issue is coming out in a few days

If you haven't already signed up for The Roost, a monthly e-newsletter highlighting mass flockings of egg trailer enthusiasts, sign up now so you don't miss the August issue.

We're highlighting the Boler 50th Anniversary, and summarizing another recent rally.

To sign up, go to RV Compass at: RV Compass - Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts