Checklists

Buzzy

This posting is in response to a PM which I received from David Thompson (aka – thompsonkd). He mentioned some of my previous attachments may not have transitioned to our new and improved Forum. I thought this posting might be helpful.

David, first off congratulations on the purchase of your new Ollie. Oliver travel trailers are the best!

I have attached three files. The Campsite Arrival Checklist, The Campsite Departure Checklist and The Core Competencies for Travel Trailer. I picked up my Ollie back in June of 2016 and developed these documents prior to my drive to the factory.

I should note, the Arrival and Departure Checklists are scanned documents. I maintain a color laminated card, 5.5”X7.0”, with a checklist on each side. I keep it in the center console of my truck and refer to it all the time. I use several abbreviations which may need clarification: TV=Tow Vehicle, TT=Travel Trailer, PTBA= Pro Trailer Backup Assist (an optional feature on my F-150), Hitch Evolution=A series of steps to connect the trailer which includes an Andersen hitch.

When I purchased Ollie, it was my first time owning and operating an RV. I knew less than nothing and felt checklists would be helpful. Keep in mind, my lists do not pretend to be best practice. They are also customized to how I think and progress through a series of operations. For the most part, they have stood the test of time, but could use some updating. As a case in point, I became a widower in 2017 so I no longer have anyone to operation the Walkie Talkies with me. A will add, being a solo camper, makes the lists more essential.

David, so there you have it! Please note, I am off again tomorrow morning camping in a state park in Vermont with my dog, Buddy. He loves camping, so we head out all the time and may be off the grid for a while.

Buzzy

[attachment file=Campsite Arrival Checklist 1.pdf]

[attachment file=Campsite Departure Checklist 1.pdf]

[attachment file=Core Competencies for Travel Trailer.docx]

Campsite-Arrival-Checklist-1.pdf

Campsite-Departure-Checklist-1.pdf

Core-Competencies-for-Travel-Trailer.docx

• Thanks 11

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

Buzzy

Thanks for the lists. Sorry to hear you are traveling solo now, but glad to hear you are getting out a lot. Have a great time in Vermont. We like traveling in Vermont, and hope to get to the North East Kingdom soon. Thanks again, David

Kim and David Thompson Nomads' Nest 2018 LE2 #366 2018 Toyota Tundra, 4x4, 5.7L

Buzzy, So sorry to hear of your loss. We still hope our paths cross sometime in the future. We are in process of selling our NJ home and moving to Mars Hill NC. (Mars Hill is about 20 minutes north of Asheville) We bought a home that has a garage BIG enough to fit our trailer in. Hope you have a great camping season. We are planning on attending the 2019 Oliver Owners Rally, so maybe we can share a campfire and a beer or two with you there. Here's a pic of the Flying Sea Turtle in her new home.

Gregg & Donna

IMG_0343.thumb.jpg.245c95a575596dc3ab2dfe254fbabd1b.jpg

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Here’s a pic of the Flying Sea Turtle in her new home.

Gregg & Donna

If you want to add a bunch of general lighting inexpensively, these LEDs work great, especially if you paint the walls and ceiling satin or gloss white. I have four evenly spaced along the 16 ft high ceiling of my 16x43 RV bay and they are way better and WAY cheaper than commercial fluorescents. ... get the 5000k. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0145Z0CPS/ref=twister_B01AXDSYCO

Nice garage!

John Davies

Spokane WS

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Here’s a pic of the Flying Sea Turtle in her new home.

Gregg & Donna

If you want to add a bunch of general lighting inexpensively, these LEDs work great, especially if you paint the walls and ceiling satin or gloss white. I have four evenly spaced along the 16 ft high ceiling of my 16x43 RV bay and they are way better and WAY cheaper than commercial fluorescents. ... get the 5000k. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0145Z0CPS/ref=twister_B01AXDSYCO

Nice garage! I have that exact Werner platform ladder. It’s a beast. I hang it (and my other ladders) vertically on the wall when not in use.

John Davies

Spokane WS

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks for the tip John. We have a loooooong to do list at the new house.

I think garage lighting will have a pretty high number. For now, we are just glad she is under a roof... secure... and will be at home instead of an hour away in storage.

To work on her, i will probably just pull her out into the sunlight. But lighting is something to think about.

Good News is I didn't hit that fluorescent fixture when I backed her in. :-)

Safe Travels,

Scotty

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg