Air Conditioner Noise - Dometic Penguin II owner's

Also, the other thing that came up in this thread is listening to the TV through the stereo speakers. I see audio out cables from the TV in the wire group but they must not be connected to my Furion receiver. No selection plays TV sound through the 4 speakers, only DVD. The Furion receiver manual shows an Audio in but perhaps mine are not connected or I haven’t found the TV menu option to divert the sound.

Going,

Our 2015 Ollie Furrion speakers would work while watching a DVD played by the Furrion unit connected to TV by HDMI cable. Set TV as per following Oliver video instructions. The Furrion speakers still would not work while watching TV on antenna until I added audio cable between our TV & Furrion unit.

Here's a thread and video:

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/help-with-tv-and-sound/

• Thanks 2

Bill #75 LE2

Thanks Bill.  I figured out that I had to set my Furion receiver to AV and turn the volume way up.  It comes through the speakers but not until you hit about 35 on the volume number.  My 2017 did have RCA audio video cables connected to the out on the TV and the in on the receiver.  I just wasn’t turning the volume up enough.  I don’t know why because the HDMI connection for DVD is not like that.  I may call Furion and ask them.  Shouldn’t be that way.  There is an audio coax cable out on the TV but not an audio coax in on the receiver.  That would give the highest and best sound quality.  Not sure why Furion did it that way.  Anyway it is working and with the AC on Low fan and the Receiver set to AV, I can now hear the TV well.  I do believe the AC actually cools better on low fan.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, NatalieRoberts said:

Believe it or not, most AC RV noise is caused by clogged, worn out or damaged components. Therefore, you need to do regular maintenance on your RV AC especially if it’s an older model. Or  inspect the fan motor. Did you know that your fan motor could be the reason why you can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep in your RV? The fan motor for older or highly used AC can create loud noises. 

There are some videos out that also show that air flow Restrictions causes some of the noise in the ac unit.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

To be clear - at its newest, and best condition, my AC rivals a Harrier jet at vertical take -off. But hey, who's complaining - I'm just happy it cools. 

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

1 hour ago, BackofBeyond said:

To be clear - at its newest, and best condition, my AC rivals a Harrier jet at vertical take -off. But hey, who's complaining - I'm just happy it cools. 

+1 they are all noisy new from the box, that's why ARV went out of their way for their Aussie AC. https://www.upfittersresource.com/collections/frontpage/products/quiet-air-conditioner-for-mercedes-benz-sprinter

• Like 1

Between Olivers…

1 hour ago, WhatDa said:

+1 they are all noisy new from the box, that's why ARV went out of their way for their Aussie AC. https://www.upfittersresource.com/collections/frontpage/products/quiet-air-conditioner-for-mercedes-benz-sprinter

$2700 plus change. Wow - If I were to begin spending a considerable amount of time where I would need AC all the time - perhaps. Nice unit - I would like to have seen a DB comparison chart.

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

I don't know the db rating, but the arv unit is extremely quiet. I've posted this before, on another thread. Interview with an owner, with the aussie built quiet ac running on high. You can hear the entire conversation,  without background ac noise.

I agree, too expensive for me. But, for those who really need ac 24/7, 365, an alternative.  Albeit, a very pricey one.

I'm going to wait and eventually install one of the 12v/danfoss/secop compress type ac units, designed for no idle truck zones, when we have to replace ours. Since we have used our ac literally a few times camping, it's not a big issue for us. I know our 12+ year old unit still works, as I  test it in the driveway each year, to be sure. Normally, it's the last time I  turn it on til the next year.

The 12v danfoss/secop units use far less power, important to us, since we rarely have hookups, and I'm just not about hooking up a generator to have ac. We just try avoid that heat. Our trailer has wheels, and we have time to go elsewhere. 

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

And, another comparison video 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Looks like that's a Houghton Belaire 3400 - would be a little over $1,000 plus shipping from Australia, if you want to do it yourself.  You'd need a 120/240 transformer.  

I assume that the $2,700 price is installed and warranted?  The fact that they try to hide who makes it doesn't make me trust them that much.  

Edited by Overland
  • Like 3