This is an interesting mid-century modern travel trailer from 1961

StoicJim

Here is a little blurb I found about Holiday House trailers.

The one pictured is fiberglass, while the other models were conventional stick and aluminum trailers.

Thanks Jim for posting that. Beautiful trailer!

Here's the blurb:

Vintage Holiday House Trailer Pictures

David Holmes, President of "Harry and David" (mail-order fruit baskets and gifts) was looking for ways to keep his workers busy during the January to July "off season". Capitalizing on his lifelong interest in modern design travel trailers, he decided to employ his skilled workers in the production of a new travel trailer with a very modern and daring design. Holmes' new "Holiday House" travel trailers were based on the standard aluminum skin over a wood frame design, but the overall styling was very progressive and "space age" and a huge departure from the familiar "canned ham" styles being produced by most other travel trailer manufacturers. Holiday House trailer production began at the Medford, Oregon plant on November 2, 1959, and reached full production level in February 1960. For 1960, Holiday House production included 17ft. and 19ft. models as well as a dual axle 24ft model. For model year 1961, the company strengthened the chassis, enlarged the bathrooms and lengthened the 17ft and 19ft models by one foot. Although well made and very stylish, Holiday House travel trailers were priced higher than most of the competition, so less than 200 units were manufactured for the 1960 and 1961 model years, before production ceased in January 1962. Besides the daring Holiday House with its "Googies" decorations and style, David Holmes is also famous for the super-modern limited-production "Geographic" travel trailer he began designing in mid 1960 as a "Trailer For The Rich". Designed in conjunction with BMW race car designer Chuck Pelly, the Geographic's styling was unlike any other travel trailer and was way ahead of its time. With a price tag of almost $8500, less than 10 of these strikingly futuristic all fiberglass marvels were ever made. Tragically, the original fiberglass molds survived a factory fire on June 17, 1962, only to be discarded in 1985 when the Harry and David company was acquired. Only one Geographic travel trailer survived, and a complete restoration in 2007 retained the original teak woodwork, Norcold refrigerator, Magic Chef oven and dual "fold out" Magic Chef cook tops. In 2010, this lone surviving Geographic was listed for sale for $135,000.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

"Honoring" the history, the Holiday House is being re- launched...

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/08/intech-lucas-resurrecting-holiday-house-rv/

I hope that they will display it at the RV supershow in January in Tampa.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

The trailer shown in the photo by the OP (1961 Holiday House Geographic) is NOT what is being reproduced.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Steve, they're " honoring" and relaunching a version of the holiday house. Not the fiberglass version, no. I'm still hoping to see the aluminum version, if they show it in Tampa.

I doubt anyone could afford to create the molds for a fiberglass redo of the holiday house.... For the limited appeal and market.

A link to the new redo of the aluminum version...

The interior looks nothing like the beautifully redone classic originally posted. Sigh.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.