What are the odds?

topgun2

• Moderators

On the start of a two month fly fishing trip in Idaho I stopped for gas at a Pilot gas station on Interstate 70 about 40 miles east of Kansas City. Sure enough I spied another Oliver! It was hull number 324 and they were from Chapel Hill, NC - just down the street from near where I live close to Asheville, NC. They were headed to Jefferson City, MO (driving East while I was driving West) in order to add to the goal of visiting all the State Capitals. In addition, the owner told me that earlier in the day they had met another Oliver owner - Greg & Terresa from Madison, WI that I had camped right next to at this year's Owners rally.

Small world that we live in!

Bill

P.s. pic is from Victorian Acres, Nebraska City, NE - nice campground right off HWY 2. With temps in the 90's a WalMart parking lot didn't seem to be a very good idea without a generator!

15309257934741277083124.thumb.jpg.5f00fc6888a7fae42b900c65590432ca.jpg

• Thanks 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Cool, we are headed down through MT and the SE corner of ID starting Sunday, en route to Colorado. Maybe our paths will cross.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John -

I will be in the NFS campground called McCoy Creek (43.1849, -111.1003) on Monday, July 9th for at least two nights. Stop by if ya git a chance!

Bill

P.s. I'm presently at the Cabelas campground in Sidney, Nebraska - 94 degrees and a stiff south wind.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

John –

I will be in the NFS campground called McCoy Creek (43.1849, -111.1003) on Monday, July 9th for at least two nights. Stop by if ya git a chance!

Bill

P.s. I’m presently at the Cabelas campground in Sidney, Nebraska – 94 degrees and a stiff south wind.

Cool, we are leaving at 0800 Sunday and are planning to drive on the Interstate. It’s about 600 miles, maybe we can rendezvous Monday evening. Will there be cell coverage (Verizon)? Can you send me a PM with your cell number? I guess we could just poke around the area looking for a clone trailer.

We may need to stop in Idaho Falls at Andersen Hitches, I have been trying to get a new friction cone and may have to knock on their front door for the correct one. They sent me the wrong part, apologized and then sent me overnight the correct one, but it hasn’t arrived yet. I may have to put the worn one back in for a couple of days and live with the groaning..... The factory is literally minutes off our planned route.

John

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John -

Sorry - no cell, but it is a small campground.

Hopefully you will find me.

Bill

Nice!

We spent two nights at the Blue Springs Lake Campground just east of KC on I-70 last month on our way home from Hohenwald. We met a couple in a Casita who said that another Oliver was in the same campsite we were in the previous night. So not quite an Ollie sighting but a "near miss".

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Blue Springs is one of my favorite campgrounds when traveling the long lonesome road known as I70.  This camp is located just to the east of the KC Bass Pro Shop (n 39.04020 W094.37050  sorry but I don't have the exact GPS coordinates for the camp handy).

Indeed, Oliver owners will go to great lengths to find one another!  John and his wife Jack Davis found me about 7 miles up a dirt road near McCoy Creek, Idaho.  Just the three of us plus a ton of biting bugs.  Thanks to John and Jack for finding me!

P1010674.thumb.jpg.d39b0b1193da64aca7a929e34b3ca0cf.jpg

Jack is the pretty one in the middle without the facial hair!