CO/LP monitor not working

Was looking at my fuse panel to make sure I knew what size fuses to get for spares. (I did noticed the factory had put an undersized fuse on one circuit). That is when I noticed the CO/LP monitor was off. How long it has been off is unknown. I looked around and could find no obvious source of power. I looked in the owners manual and the wiring diagram states: Note not to scale, but colors are accurate. That appears not to be true. The diagram says the wires are blue, but they are red.?

A call to Oliver parts and Service connected me with Jason. He said under the back street side bed, in the electrical area (the one next to the pantry) there is a circuit breaker. The breaker has a red button. When you push the button a yellow 'flag' opens up. Under that, on a red wire, is an inline spade fuse holder. That holder has a 1 amp fuse. My fuse was blown. In my area, no one carries a 1 amp spade fuse. We went to 6 different auto parts dealers. We had them order for us and 4 only cost $2.50. To have them could be a life saver. I have no idea why such a small device would ever blow a fuse. It is definitely something we will keep an eye on, and test quite regularly. An interesting circuit breaker, and really the only time I have had to get into that compartment. It was surprisingly clean, hardly any fiberglass dust, or dust of any kind.

• Moderators

A quicker way to find THAT fuse is to have a defective CO/LP detector that simply will not stop yelling at you and the "reset" button only pauses the noise for a minute or so. Almost had to resort to cutting the wires on that episode at 3 am!

Better to locate it during the day when one is wide awake too - just sayin'

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Our smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night last month. We had windows open with a nice breeze. The reset button wouldn’t silence the thing so I just took out the batteries. I tried putting in new batteries and the thing went off again 10 minutes later. Once we got home I brought it in the house and replaced batteries one more time. No change. Ordered a new one off Amazon (also noticed Walmart has them). In the reviews there were many complaints that these First Alert detectors don’t last too long. Ours was dated Nov ‘15 so it was less than three years. Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

This may get me banned, but:

Somebody at the rally this year told me that their small dog slept under the dinette. When the dog passed gas it set the CO/LP alarm off. Alarm kept going off until they moved the dog’s bed. Moved the dog’s bed, alarm quit going off.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill (certainly not Martha)

• Thanks 4

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Used an aerosol spray close to the dinette CO/LP alarm one evening, propellant probably set off the alarm. Did not know where the fuse was at that time and had to let it stop on it's own. Can only imagine a false alarm going off at 3:00 in the morning, especially if you don't know where the fuse is located.  :)

LE2

You would almost think with a fuse panel next to the monitor that is where the fuse should be? Also the wiring diagram in the owners manuals should have the correct color code for the wire?

But the important thing is to find a 1 amp fuse before you need one. Hate to put a larger fuse in there and have it never blow., and maybe it would scream at you, and the campground,  from 3 to 5 AM. Have you tried pulling that fuse? It was one of the most difficult fuses to pull because of a non ridged holder.

A heads up to find before you need to makes sense...

For my boat (have not purchased my Oliver yet), I keep a backup supply of every fuse, just in case. Would it be difficult to create a list of all the fuses that might be needed and maintain a supply on the Oliver, just in case? From my brief time being part of this wonderful forum of extremely knowledgeable folk, would not be surprised if one of you already created such an inventory list. If so, please share? How cool to have an inventory of every fuse size and a listing to which gadget it belongs.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

In the back attic

B526FBDA-AB96-4F99-A41F-13BFD155604D.thumb.jpeg.2ec567b9c12b0badcb321ac2cd2d4741.jpeg

F8BD9201-C309-4F27-8761-294F4061694F.thumb.jpeg.6f00619fc8303f4b77a862053a3b33b8.jpeg

Under the dinette

A7549753-DA54-4E6E-AB8B-5C3A8F55D290.thumb.jpeg.499e4abb81ecec8d80e29466fd06af98.jpeg

99DF2522-71A6-4E80-B973-526EC8D1250F.thumb.jpeg.26252d3a19f663b7699de5954cce7a08.jpeg

Jack fuses under street side bunk. Also one more of these below the front jack.

A2240CE3-C390-4EC6-979E-ADE8EFAA0814.thumb.jpeg.7e95e717a05d7905d6b366f1c4d7d9db.jpeg

Also under street side bunk, CO /LP detector 1 amp fuse

74D1BC27-2277-45C4-9AC3-C83F1AF6F567.thumb.jpeg.557980639cf075e1879e6b545af1a0e3.jpeg

• Thanks 5

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• 2 weeks later...

RE: Smoke Alarm

My smoke alarm was going off when I took mine from storage a week ago, loud. Anyway, I put some new Duracells in them. The polarity is a little tricky because they go different directions even though the spring hits a negative on one side and a positive on the other.  Even with my glasses I could not discern the indicators, so I took a picture with my phone and read it from there. Asked my wife (better eyes) to verify.

All good.

thanks, Vector

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel