LPG Tank Monitor

My Oliver and I are still getting to know each other, I only get to enjoy her 2 maybe 3 times a year. As such i keep learning new things. When i press the LPG button on my SeeLevel II tank monitor it indicates "opn" which i'm assuming means open, yup already knew that. The issue, isn't it supposed to be telling me the level of propane left in a percentage, at least that's what the manual says? All the other levels, water, sewer tanks ect. are working properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks....Leigh

Olive Oyl

2015 GMC Yukon

2016 Legacy Elite II

Hull # 132

On the Olivers the SeeLevel monitor is not hooked up to the LPG tank, so your monitor is working correctly.

The SeeLevel, as manufactured, has the capability to be hooked up to an LPG tank. However, my guess is that this may only work with the type of LPG tanks installed in Class A motorhomes, not the type that we  have.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

I am using the Mopeka product. Works well. I the monitor and sometimes the phone app. It may not be clear in your research but the monitor can also be set to read the 30# tanks now. Their original monitor only read 20# tanks accurately.

http://mopeka.com/products/

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

Have not really had it long enough to evaluate. Three months and all is good.

Mopeka's FAQ answer:

The sensor battery lasts over 1 year but may last longer or shorter depending on the outside temperature. The battery will generally last longer in warmer environments

• Thanks 2

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

• Moderator+

The original product was only calibrated to read accurately for 20lb tanks. It would WORK on a 30lb or 40lb tank but would read 100% until about 1/3 or 1/2 (depending on which size tank) of the propane was gone. Does the sensor now have the ability to be calibrated for the 30 and 40 pound tanks and if so, how does one accomplish that?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
The original product was only calibrated to read accurately for 20lb tanks. It would WORK on a 30lb or 40lb tank but would read 100% until about 1/3 or 1/2 (depending on which size tank) of the propane was gone. Does the sensor now have the ability to be calibrated for the 30 and 40 pound tanks and if so, how does one accomplish that?

I spoke with a representative of the company that makes these tank monitoring systems about the issue of inaccuracies when using the sensors on different size tanks (other than 20 pound) such as our 30 pound tanks.

He stated that the information that had been floating around the internet (see my previous post above) was incorrect and had always been incorrect due to a youtube video posted in the past. Apparently, although there had always been a monitor available, when this system was first marketed the company had actually envisioned most folks using their phones to read the tank level data. The app they supplied has always had the ability to be calibrated for other size tanks but the wireless monitor did not.

He states that the current monitors have that calibration capability.

Sorry for my previous misinformation. I assumed it was accurate, after all I READ IT ON THE INTERNET!!!

• Thanks 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 1 month later...

U075908, I haven’t looked but I suspect the tanks would leave a rust ring. The paint on the bottom ring of the tank will take a beating through normal handling. The tanks are covered by the propane tank cover but the bottom is open to road spray. The tanks sit in a shallow pan. You could put a thin rubber sheet between the bottom of the tanks and the pan but that may promote rusting of the pan. I have seen plastic rings that slip on the tank ring that might prevent rust stains.

Check this out:

https://mopeka.com/product/mopeka-tank-halo/

Bill

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax