Truck Tales

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Sometime in the last few months, we started receiving the new Chevy magazine, "New Roads."

In issue 11, there is a great interview with a former head of truck engineering, now aged 101, entitled "Truck Tales." Mary Barra, the new ceo, phones in with a few questions.

For those of us who drove Chevys in the sixties and seventies, its fun and nostalgic....

Interview with former truck engineer

There's also a good basic article on towing, "Trailering 101." I see that Chevy now supports a rearview trailer camera on its own screen... Nice. Do other manufacturers offer that option? Haven't looked lately....

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The F250 has hookups for a trailer camera, but not the F150.  Unfortunately, it only lets you view it when in reverse so it's not useful as a rear view mirror when driving.  There's an aftermarket modification that I could get for my F150 that would send the camera signal to the built in screen, but I haven't really looked at it to know how difficult it would be to install.  I think the GM system is actually an aftermarket Echomaster product that they've licensed and the dealer will install, and I think you can get the same system for other makes.