Beyond Stupid TV Mount

Yukon

I could not agree more with John Davies,  who came up with this? We were driving home and the mount on the bracket decided to deploy on it own'', You could hear the TV crash in the downward Position. Hell we were doing 60MPH and you could hear it in the Truck! This is my fix a velcro strap........The best i could come up with.

IMG_1925.thumb.jpg.e2f09a395c03bfe3481dec666ae32477.jpg

IMG_1922.thumb.jpg.495e9be6862e7a5f6fa4a249f91826ec.jpg

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

If you tighten the hex screws on both sides of the mount it will significantly decrease the potential to come unhooked while on bumpy roads. I keep mine tight enough that the TV will stay stationary halfway down. Mike

• Thanks 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+
I could not agree more with John Davies, who came up with this?

I’m the one that came up with that tv mount back in 2013 and had it installed during the build of our Outlaw Oliver II. At first Oliver would not use it for anyone else due to RVIA rules about blocking the egress window. Now it is standard.

We've pulled that trailer for 50-60K miles all over this country and not once has the tv come down.

Check all the screws and adjust tightness if needed. Also, make sure the rotating cam/pawl lock is turning freely.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I could not agree more with John Davies, who came up with this?

I’m the one that came up with that tv mount back in 2013 and had it installed during the build of our Outlaw Oliver II. At first Oliver would not use it for anyone else due to RVIA rules about blocking the egress window. Now it is standard.

We’ve pulled that trailer for 50-60K miles all over this country and not once has the tv come down.

Check all the screws and adjust tightness if needed. Also, make sure the rotating cam/pawl lock is turning freely.

When we ordered our LEII in April 2015 I requested a center mounted TV with fold down option (I provided the information for the fold down TV mount that they are currently using, I said if necessary I will provide the fold down mount and the answer was NO).  We were informed that it could not be done, the only TV option was the corner mount.  So why is it that some people can get some things done their way and the others can not have the same option installed?

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

When we ordered our LEII in April 2015 I requested a center mounted TV with fold down option. We were informed that it could not be done, the only TV option was the corner mount. So why is it that some people can get some things done their way and the others can not have the same option installed?

Because we owners are Oliver's R&D department.  I think early on, they'd try most anything an owner requested.  Then they got to the point where they'd say no until the third or fourth person asked and they'd relent and try it.  Now I think they say no until they see one of us make the modification ourselves and then they adopt it.

• Thanks 2

I'll add - the center mount TV - is an issue with emergency egress, until a passable mount was found/developed Oliver had to use the corner mount. Industry regulations accepted/required for certification do drive design.

I find owner R&D a good thing, I get to see them early on, adopt what I like, make my own, and Oliver does similar - only they have certification issues to deal with - me I'm on my own.

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this forum - so many good ideas, smart people, supportive people, gosh cumbia breaking out....

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

We had a corner mount TV. I wanted to move it to the center and used the mount Steve recommended. We like the center mount much better. There are two hex screws on the sides of the hinge. If they are kept tight it prevents the TV from moving around. We did have it come unhooked once after a rather large bump. Lots of other things moved around too. Once in well over 20K miles is acceptable... Mike

• Thanks 2

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We have a 2017 and they were still trying to get the RV certification to mount a center pivot. They would have provided the mount and installation, if I dropped shipped them a tv. We elected not to bother at the time. ( We figured to wait until the bugs were ironed out). We must admit we do not have a problem with it in the corner as far as operation goes. It also holds two bed pillows behind it while traveling. I do think it is a lot more aesthetic looking in the center...

• Moderators

The way it should work: push the TV up until it engages the latch. To let it down, push up on the TV and the latch should release and the TV can swing down. If the hinge is too loose then the TV could bounce around on rough roads and release itself. Maybe your latch isn’t positioned correctly? Mike

• Thanks 1