Hello from Texas!

Kenny & Penny

Hi, we are from Beach City,Texas.  We are planning our retirement which should kick off in about five years.  Our plan is to travel the country and find where we want to put down roots.  Our Ollie went into production August 17th and our delivery date is November 8th!  For now, our Oliver will be pulled with a 2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab with a Cummins turbocharged 5.0-liter V-8 Diesel engine.  We want to thank everyone on the forums and at OTT for sharing so many details which helped inform our decision.  We also want to extend a special thank you to Cobra 1169 for generously giving us a tour of his Ollie.

• Thanks 2

Kenny & Penny | Beach City, Texas

Oliver LE II Twin Bed Hull #402 | 2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab /w Cummins 5.0L V-8 Diesel Engine

LAMSTNTXmed.jpg

Welcome to the party!  Have a great time and enjoy.

My SO and I are in a similar mindset, going to spend time just wandering about, figure out where  we might want to stay a while.

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

Wishing you many miles of smiles with your new  camper.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Kenny & Penny -

AND, the fun starts. Congrates and welcome.  I simply don't know of a better way to see the USA.  Really not much time from now until delivery.  November would be a great month to head down the Natchez Trace towards New Orleans while you find your way home.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Congratulations Kenny and Penny...there will be much excitement ahead as you await your new Ollie. We pick ours up next Monday and we are so excited to be joining the club. In fact, sleep is now at a premium because we spend so much time planning our trip to Hohenwald, trying to think up "cute" names for our Ollie ll, planning ahead for future trips that are on our bucket list and just anticipating the joy of owning the finest built molded fiberglass camper in America! Good luck and we'll "SEEYA" on the road.

Tom and Marie

• Thanks 2

Welcome, you should have minimal hassles traveling south from TN ...  hopefully. We Northerners typically have to park the big pull toys by November.

I looked up your town. My brother-in-law lives 5 miles north of you....  The Ollie will make a terrific hurricane bug-out vehicle, especially if you ordered the solar stuff and big battery bank.

Have you towed anything yet with your Titan XD? Care to share any comments about that cool new engine?

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Kenny & Penny –

AND, the fun starts. Congrates and welcome. I simply don’t know of a better way to see the USA. Really not much time from now until delivery. November would be a great month to head down the Natchez Trace towards New Orleans while you find your way home.

Bill

The Natchez Trace is on our bucket list but it will have to wait for a later trip.  Work is still calling... For now!

Oliver LE II Twin Bed Hull #402 | 2016 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab /w Cummins 5.0L V-8 Diesel Engine

LAMSTNTXmed.jpg

Welcome, you should have minimal hassles traveling south from TN … hopefully. We Northerners typically have to park the big pull toys by November.

I looked up your town. My brother-in-law lives 5 miles north of you…. The Ollie will make a terrific hurricane bug-out vehicle, especially if you ordered the solar stuff and big battery bank.

Have you towed anything yet with your Titan XD? Care to share any comments about that cool new engine?

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

Small world we live in! 5 miles north would put your brother-in-law in Mont Belvieu, am I right?  The school system our son attends is in Mont Belvieu.

We did get the solar and upgraded batteries just in case we do need to evacuate because we sit a mile off of Trinity Bay.

I haven't actually towed anything with the Titan XD yet. I got it for the great gas mileage and potential longevity of the diesel engine.  I think it's going to be more than adequate for pulling the Ollie. There's another gentlemen on here that pulls his Ollie with a Titan XD and he says it handles like a top.

Thanks for all your posts on the forum. They've been very helpful as we prepare for the big day!

• Thanks 1

LAMSTNTXmed.jpg

Welcome from Maine

Two pieces of advice: Probably half the things you have gathered, in the spare room, can be put back. The chain saw and axe can go back, just keep the hatchet. The 100' of rope and clothes reel are a little too much. A light line and a few clothes pins will do.

Plan to get off the Interstate. Put the electronic apps in the glove compartment. When you come to a stop sign flip a coin. Heads to the left, tails to the right. Some of the best nights and sights of this country are hidden from the guide books. After all, that is the advantage of an Oliver... you don't need a 5 star campground.

• Thanks 1