New Baby on the way

mountainborn

• Moderators

Chuck,

Did you purchase a kit and do the Honda 2000i propane mod yourself, or have a shop do it? With the generator on the tongue mount how will you tap the propane? I think the quick connect for the grill is on the rear, am I right? Do you intend to open the propane cover or make your own hole for an access?

More pics are posted on the production album. You can see Jason modeling several locations for the tag (I'll have a customized tire cover graphic) and you can see pics of mounting the top shell onto the rest of the unit. The metal bar exerts inward pressure on the top as the suction cups pull out the bottom for a firm seal.

15 more days . . . . . . . . . . :P

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Great news on the cell phone signal booster . . . it works GREAT! :D

Robert said they've never had cell phone coverage on the shop floor. That is until the fired up the Wonder Egg's signal amplifier. Now they all have solid connections . . . WOOHOO!

So for the next two weeks they can enjoy full cell phone coverage on the shop floor to talk to home, their girlfriends & boyfriends, receive and send text messages, web surf on their high speed blackberries, etc. ;)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Well BuffaloBob has put some new photos up on the production process! :lol:

- a couple side shots from the outside (my favorite being the curbside view) you can see there's not much room for anything else up there . . .

- photos of the galley front panel in production

- closet rod and mounts (very strong)

- amplifier antenna mounted in the rear, street-side corner underneath the cabinets

- swivel reading lithe under cabinet near support bar

Thanks, B-Bob!

• Moderators

The custom made front mural has arrived at the Oliver plant !

see it at: http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii12 ... 20Trailer/

"Honor the Sacred" is a canvas print by the artist Katy Hatt, of Show Low, Arizona. Her artwork may be found at . . .

http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_2735 ... tfolio.htm

I was looking throughout the web for just the right picture to grace the front of the Wonder Egg when I came upon Kathy's work. I purchased one of her original 8 x 10 canvas prints and asked for her permission to have an enlarged mural made for my trailer.

After explaining the recent passing of my sweetheart, Lynn, my upcoming retirement, and my desire to find solace and solitude in the great splendor of the outdoors, Kathy graciously gave permission for a one of a kind mural to be made.

I placed the print on a photocopy stand and used a Nikon D40 digital camera to accurately capture the image which I then emailed to the Oliver graphics shop for creation of the mural.

I feel that it will set the perfect atmosphere for my journeys.

Good choice for a mural ! Kokopelli has always been the traveler.. the lover.. the symbol of fertility. All good things. This is a beautiful art piece and will look wonderful on "Wonder Egg" ! You chose well. Now.... you must learn to play the flute ! :lol:

Kokopelli has always been my symbol for earthdancer. I have always had the feeling that he was also dancing on the planet gently and with great joy.

Geri

• Moderators

earthdancer,

I've enjoyed the lyrical sounds of the Native American Flute for many years (I have and play three different keys) Over the past two years I've delved into the Irish whistle with a concentration on the Laments and Praises of the Aires genre. (I have 4 of these) I also play several baroque recorders, but I feel they are a bit "overboard" for the quiet solitude I'll be looking for with the Wonder Egg.

There's nothing like the sound of a fipple flute wafting through the silence of the great outdoors . . . At home, I've had deer stop and listen as I play, leave when I stop, and return when I resume . . . It's another whole level of communication that touches the soul and brings solace to all who hear, including me . . .

I will need to learn to be cognizant of my fellow travelers in the RV world so I don't disrupt their reverie in the evenings.

• Moderators

I think I may be getting the hang of the picture thing, mountainborn. Now I need to try to downsize the photo for when I start posting Wonder Egg photo's next week. Anyway as you can see, Oscar is all smiles as he anticipates the arrival of our trailer . . . pickup is the 24th!

DSC_0015.jpg

• Moderators

Tom,

It would be great to meet as we each make our maiden voyage with our Olivers.

I may have stuck the name Wonder Egg on my new (and first ever) RV but I'm quite sure each of us will have a wonderful experience as we receive our portable fiberglass castles.

Seeing as I am such a neophyte in the RV universe, I have decided to remain near Hohenwald for two nights at the Thousand Trails/ NACO campground where tumbleweed stayed. I'll be there on the 24th & 25th. This will give me time to make all the silly mistakes I can and call Robert for help (heh, heh, heh) . . .

Join me at the camp on the 25th and we'll have the first Oliver purchaser rally!! WOOOHOOO!!

We can put pics on the site to PROVE IT!

• Moderators

Tom,

I

Join me at the camp on the 25th and we'll have the first Oliver purchaser rally!! WOOOHOOO!!

We can put pics on the site to PROVE IT!

Sorry, guys, but you can't have the first rally... Paul and I just got back from Dade City where we camped with Tumbleweed and Earthdancer.... (Since Geri is the better photographer, maybe she'll post pix of the first Oliver mini-rally...we should start a new thread for this anyway.)

It was very cool to camp side by side and meet them. We had beautiful weather and a wonderful time talking about Olivers, camping, and life in general. Geri and Chuck have done a lot more camping than we have, so they were a wealth of wonderful ideas for us.

Hope you have a lot of fun with the second Oliver purchasers rally.... hmm, it's the first in Howenwald, I think...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Tom,

Don't trow in the towel so easy . . . you gotta approach this a different way . . . simply go about the house belting out songs by Olivia Newton-John all day and your DW will start thinking your associating the new trailer with THAT Olivia . . . :o . . .

Then come on up and get your Wendell Ho(l)me(s).

heh, heh, heh

• Moderators

If you'd like an unofficial, non-sanctioned vote (like the kind we like to cast in Florida primaries.. counts for half if Republican, "zero to maybe" if Democrat, and totally zero if you're independent).....

I really like (1) Traveller spelled Lee's way, and (2) Wendell. Wendell also reminds me of one of my favorite TV characters, Oliver Wendell Douglas from Green Acres...

Olivia is also a lovely name....

By the way, we love pigs here in Florida, so much so that we passed a state constituiional amendment a few years ago regarding gestating pigs and their treatment, though I have yet to see a hog farm around here anyway.... We really love to vote.... Some people even read the ballot....

What was the name of that pig on Green Acres? Oh, yea, Arnold..... :D

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Robert's digital camera has been busy today . . . more pics are up on the wonder egg. Finishing touches are happening today!

Go to photobucket and see:

- generator / multi-function basket, sturdy aluminum!

- swivel lamp with rheostat control

- Robert & technicians signing in on a piece of the trailer (cargo hold cover)

- dual Optima batteries & wash station, note the nice finish on the door interior

- tire cover graphic ;)

- interior shots to include the thermostat controls

- Solar Charge Controller up close and placement overview

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii12 ... 20Trailer/

61 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

• Moderators

Wow, Pete... The egg is truly about to hatch, isn't it :D I really like the swivel lamp... it looks great. The happy face tire cover graphic is ... really happy! It would put me in a good mood on the highway!

I see the A/c you chose has a thermostat... nice. Interested in seeing the new photos when the gen is in the basket... Looks like they did nice job on that, too. Looking goood!!

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Sherry,

The tire cover graphic is a bit "over the top" on the wacko side, but the whole purpose is so when drivers come upon Oscar & me from the rear it gets their attention and perhaps puts a bit of a smile on their face as they go along down the road. I asked for it to be tilted so it might appear to be looking at them as they pass on by . . .as if I'll be passing anyone - HA ;)

The happy face is great!! For those in the Sacramento, California area, the Legacy will be at Cal Expo next week end. I am planning on seeing it. I really appreciate learning about the great ideas that are posted here.

Thanks guys and gals. :)

• Moderators

Hi, Pete...

We know you're on somewhere on the way to Howenwald..... Looking forward to hearing your good news about your new Oliver. Want you to know we all wish you well with the new WonderEgg! Happy Easter.

Talk to u when u have internet again.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Sherry,

I arrived at Hohenwald (High Forest - an apt name) yesterday evening and drove by the Oliver plant. Kind of felt like an expectant new dad outside the maternity ward. Checked in to the Goodenough Inn and ate at the Rio Colorado to compare the Mexican food to San Antonio . . . (go figure ) Breakfast soon at the General Cafe . . . looking forward to copious amounts of strong coffee.

No sprint service on the phone but I can connect with my air-data card. Woohoo!

195 minutes left, but who's counting?

Hi Pete and Oscar!!! Chuck and I wish you well with your new hatchling! I remember how excited Chuck was when we were outside the Oliver Plant looking for a parking place! "Ollie" was all he talked about all morning. You are gonna love the people at Oliver. Everybody we met there was friendly and made us feel like part of the Oliver family. Great folks. I hope you get to spend the night at the Thousand Trails Campground where Robert put us up! Word of warning, take groceries with you, that general store doesn't have much of anything but wow, they fix one heck of a wonderful breakfast for about $3.50 !!!

If you ever end up in our corner of the world, you are more than welcome here!

Geri and Chuck

• Moderators

Geri,

Pete here . . . just Pete . . . Oscar is in Texas on this initial pickup and maiden voyage enjoying the company of the children in the family he's with. The kids really missed him since I've not been traveling for work with my busted elbow in the healing mode and they have not seen him for months. It also allows me to fully concentrate on the trailer and the ins and outs of this new experience. I sure do miss him. :cry:

I'm sitting at the General Cafe, across from the Lewis County administrative building. The coffee has been just right and the cup is continually refilled. Egg / sausage / biscuits & gravy filled the spot and the conversation around the room swirls with local flavor.

MMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM GOOOOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

65 minutes