Micro Rally FL/GA Update

Foy_Mirna

As we are officially less than a month away, I am reposting this Rally.  If your planning to attend our Classic Southern Fish Fry Tuesday night Oct 9th at 5pm.  We will supply the fish and some fixins,’ all we ask is that you bring a side dish or something you think goes well with fish fry.

Please text or email me (516.635-5656 / 48ocean@gmail.com) if you plan to join us, as that will help with my fish purchase.

Where: Jacksonville, FL – Kathryn Hanna Park

When: Oct 8, 2018 through Oct 12. 2018

As some of you know, I got this idea to have a small get-together of Oliver Owners from Florida and Georgia after having such a great time with many of you at the Rally in Lake Guntersville.  Everyone is welcome from any state!  I am now going to start communicating about this more frequently but my main goal is keep it simple and easy for everyone who wants to attend.

Mirna & I would like to invite everyone attending to “Classic Southern Fish Fry” Tuesday night Oct 9th at 5pm.  We will supply the fish and some fixins,’ all we ask is that you bring a side dish or something you think goes well with fish fry.

Please text or email me (516.635-5656 / 48ocean@gmail.com) if you plan to join us, as that will help with my fish purchase.

If you can make the dates wonderful. If not, we will miss you but, know your family and we will get together soon. We are booked in campsite 014.

You can reserve and pick your site at the following link: https://bit.ly/2MsCZGs

Facts about Kathryn Hanna Park:

Address – 500 Wonderwood Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32233

(904) 249-4700 or hannapark@coj.net

RV camping per night = 33.90 including tax

Over 200 campsites

NOTE: All payments for camping reservations are final and non-refundable

Fresh Water – A 60-acre lake and open to fishing, kayaks, pedal boats and canoes

The Beach – 1.5 miles of sandy beach with multiple access points

Pets are permitted

Amenities: – electric and water hookups, dump station, restroom facilities with showers, 24-hour security, Camp Store, Kayak and Mountain Bike Rentals

Check in 1:00pm

Checkout: 12:00pm

• Thanks 4

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That sure is one heck of a curve you're going around.  Didn't know that they had those in Florida!  See you two/three/four on Monday!

Bill

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Looks like a bunch of Ollies are going to get a bit damp this week.  No problem!

On the way to the rally I stopped for the night at Colleton State Park just north of Waltersboro, SC.  It is right on the banks of the Edisto River (one of the few "black water" rivers) - great for canoes and/or kayaks with another SC State Park about 25 miles downstream for a great day's paddle. This campground is about 4 miles east of Interstate 95 so there is no noise from that wonderful road.

I should arrive between 1 and 2 this afternoon.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Mirna and I want to thank everyone for coming to the Micro Rally!  We had a wonder time and hope everyone else did as well.  Our goal was to get to know more Oliver owners in a wonderful campground on the beach and we did just that.  Over the course of the week we had 11 trailers and 18 people join us.  We traded stories, knowledge and campgrounds we loved to visit and even had potential Oliver owners join us for dinner.

While many of us did not know each other well, we left with new friends and bonds that will last a lifetime.  Special thanks to Oliver and Matt Duncan for the gifts and Bill (Topgun) for making all of us winners!  I would personally like to thank Mike and Krunch for keeping our Fish Fry dry & clean, all of you who brought delicious side dishes to make the meal a true feast!

For those of you thinking about doing something like a Micro Rally in your local state, I would highly recommend it.  It is a bit of planning but what you create and gain far outweighs the effort many times over.  If we can help you think about planning or answer questions about how to do this, please reach out to us.  Owning an Oliver makes you part of a wonderful family and getting together is great fun!

• Thanks 5

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• Moderators

Thank you both for doing the hard work of planning the micro rally.  Krunch and I had a great time making some new friends and breaking bread bread with some old ones.  The hurricane made for some second thoughts about attending but it turned to be a great week for camping.

Thanks again,

Mike and Krunch

• Thanks 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I'll second Mike and Krunch's comments!  As noted in many news outlets, last week brought some interesting weather to a fair part of the Southeast and devastating weather to some parts of Florida and Georgia.  Fortunately, while the weather in the Jacksonville area was a bit damp and breezy at times and required Foy and Mirna and Miguel to do a bit of a two step from time to time, all turned out great.  Virtually everyone pitched in to help and there was plenty of time for site seeing, bike riding, running, beach walking, swimming, etc.

To me, one of the benefits of having a "small" rally is that there is time to be able to see, meet and talk with most, if not all, of the participants.  Try that at the annual Owner's Rally!

Bill

p.s.  Towards the end of the rally there was a rumor that Bob Mitchell was not feeling well.  Mike and Krunch and I stopped by his camper on Friday night to check on him.  As it turns out, he was taking a nap and there were no problems at all - an annual physical and a day spent with the grandkids was why he was not around his campsite all day.

• Thanks 3

Lets do nbr 2. ? I had a great time and met a great bunch of like minded Oliver owners. To Matt Duncan, thanks for the great door prizes where all participants were winners. Even a prospective Oliver owner was surprised when they won a door prize. What other rv manufacturers do that?

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The Hoffman's and Bob both won an Amazon gift card at the FL/GA Rally.  However, there were two other winners of these gift cards and I didn't keep track of exactly who won what.  If anyone knows who won those other two cards, please let me know since there was an error in processing the cards that needs to be corrected.  Thanks!

Bill