Norsk Høstfest in Minot, ND September 26 - 29

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Mike's post about the Dakotas reminded me of the fall Scandinavian festival in Minot, ND.

This is an amazing and wonderful  festival,  even if you're  not of Scandinavian  heritage. One of the best road trips I ever took with my dad was to Norsk Høstfest. Minot is a really  small city, maybe 48,000, but the entire community,  and the air force base, work together to create the biggest Scandinavian festival in North America.

The music is amazing. This year, Alabama  is a headliner. Music all day, everywhere.  Yes, lots of accordion  and fiddles ( full disclosure,  I played  accordion as a kid in a Scandinavian farm town..), but so much more. Everything from the Texas Tenors (awesome) to a Canadian  polka band, and more

. If you are camping in the Dakotas that week, don't miss it. $25 a night camping, really reasonable  tickets for a truly amazing experience.</p>

And, you can see authentic  Viking games, and ski ballet...

http://hostfest.com/entertainment/

Wish I  could say see you there...  we have too much  company  coming this year to leave  Florida.

Sherry

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I need to put a large map of North America on the wall & flag all the wonderful places to go, with a subcategory flag to indicate special events and when they're happening.

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL