Fridge fan access for replacement?

How do I get to it? I cannot even see it with a mirror. It howls and I would like to find a better quality unit.

Do I have to slide the fridge into the cabin?

I dont’t think the Dometic manual discusses the fan, is this added by Oliver?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Just open up the outside upper cover John.

Reed

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/refrigerator-boondocking-vent-mod/

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

My fan is not there Reed... the only thing in that area is the top of the coils.

I cannot see the fan anywhere, top or bottom. It screeches, so I know when it runs.... why would anyone think that putting it in a completely inaccessible location would be acceptable? If I don’t get an answer here in a few days I will file a service request.

My suspicion is that it is mounted in the area circled. I am guessing by the sound, because it is completely buried.

A265C635-075F-4723-A341-07AE881BF8DE.jpeg.6fb2f3efcfeaacd0bfb111ebc3a36a5e.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Yes, they've moved the fan to an inaccessible area.   Was told this was done unexpectedly by Dometic.  May be one reason Oliver has moved to Norcold.

My friends Dave and Ruth were at the factory last week and they said they identified a wire that powers fan and ice maker option.  They may install a manual switch in that line.

If and when my fan fails, I may consider disabling the stock fan and installing one that is accessible.

John,  Check pg 22 of the attached service manual.  See if you have the red & black wires to the fan.  I think the top loop of those wires is for a switch.  The fan switch was installed on some Olivers in 2017 (next to the main switch panel by front door) not sure about other years.  The switch is not in my 2018 though.  I can’t get to my trailer right now to take a look for the wires.  I don’t remember seeing the vent cover cutoff switch so it may be a bit different wire routing.  All the power to the refrigerator should come in from the bottom vent area so you should be able to find the wires that go to the fan from there.  - Randy

2018 LE2 STD #365

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax 4x4

My 2017 hull #208 actually has two fans.  One that was installed by Oliver just behind the upper air vent grill, and I guess the Dometic installed fan buried somewhere on the back of the refrigerator. The Oliver installed fan has a switch on the “master” switch panel near the entry door. The other fan has no switch. I was told that somewhere around the time we bought our LEII the Dometic refrigerators started coming from the factory with the fan already installed. I guess that around this time as well Oliver stopped adding the other fan. My trailer must have been in this transition so I got both fans.

• Thanks 2

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

More changes in 2017... I just have the upper fan and the switch on Hull #200

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

I have included a couple of pictures from hull 193 so you would know what some have been talking about.  I have never heard any fan running without turning the switch on.

1FA63AC7-950E-40BE-AB61-AF6EBBD1231D.thumb.jpeg.60941ef0451667c19ca139bac5aa917a.jpeg

E8F195E4-6D36-42A8-8ED5-EC40286F323F.thumb.jpeg.1014a8d271970006b8129b097fa4e4e6.jpeg

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I have included a couple of pictures from hull 193 so you would know what some have been talking about. I have never heard any fan running without turning the switch on.

I have neither switch nor visible fan on Hull 218. All I have is noise..... I think I will have to disconnect the gas and the wiring and slide the fridge into the cabin for a look later this Fall. Maybe I should just slide a 12 volt compressor one back in. ;)

John Davies

Spokane WA