THE VERY FIRST OLIVER TRAVEL TRAILER RALLY! ! !

tumbleweed

The Very First Ever Non Factory Santioned Oliver Travel Trailer Rally was held at Withlacochee River County Park, Dade City, Florida on March 16-17, 2008. This historic occasion was attended by SeaDawg, Earthdancer and Tumbleweed.

The Olivers performed magnificently, of course, with their owners teaching each the things that they'd forgotten since the factory orientation, comparing and several single spaced pages of suggestions!

The first ever Oliver Owners BBQ was held with Hot Dogs, T-Bone steaks, beans, brocolli slaw, beer and wine. A gooooood time was had by all!

The park has electric and water hookups, some 30 amp, mostly 20 amp but pulled the A/C just fine. A reconstructed Creek Indian village and early cracker houses with church and trading post are close to the camping area. Also in the park are some great hiking and biking paths, canoeing launch area and a river walk. And it's $5.00 a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The official Rally Photographer, Earthdancer, will post pictures soon.

• Moderators

Congratulations are in order to SeaDawg, Earthdancer and Tumbleweed for the awesome, momentous, splendiferous, gathering described with such delicious details! Can't wait to see the pics . . . if earthdancer is producing them they will be worth the waiting.

Looks like meanderthal & I will have to settle for second in the annals of Oliver rallies :roll: shucks!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

MINI RALLY ! Very Cool ! That sounds so good. We are all denned up because of several days of very heavy rain. We sure could use those photos about now, earthdancer !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Ya'll are starting to sound like my teenage boys...lol

O.K. Meanderthal and Bugeyedriver...after carefully reviewing all the data, endless committee meetings and checking for "hanging chads" the Official standing of the Company is that ya'll will be the 1st

“Company Sponsored Multiple New Oliver Owners Delivery and Shake Down Overnighter Rally at NACO Campground of Hohenwald TN for 2008”

There, does that help?

:D

• Moderators

Ya'll are starting to sound like my teenage boys...lol

O.K. Meanderthal and Bugeyedriver...after carefully reviewing all the data, endless committee meetings and checking for "hanging chads" the Official standing of the Company is that ya'll will be the 1st

“Company Sponsored Multiple New Oliver Owners Delivery and Shake Down Overnighter Rally at NACO Campground of Hohenwald TN for 2008”

There, does that help?

Ok, guys, we'll concede... we weren't factory sponsored... This way we can all be first... I like it!!! It's perfect, BuffaloBob. :D

To BuffaloBob, Whaley, Bugeyedriver, and all of you on the forum, how about joining us next year for the second annual unofficial Oliver gathering in Dade City next year? We'll keep you posted on the date. It's a beautiful spot that Earthdancer found, and we'd love to share it with all the Oliver folks out there.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

BuffaloBob, thanks for chairing all of those endless meetings. I know it was tough with the other 800 things you seem to do all the time. Will participants receive official certificates of attendance to hang on our walls?

SeaDawg, Oscar & I look forward to next year's Dade City gathering. Sounds like a nice time.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Tom,

Looking forward to the 2nd Annual Unofficial Dade City Springtime Oliver Rally .... Hope you can make it. :D

Everybody on this forum seems to have a really nice sense of humor.... hmmm, didn't we all buy an Oliver to de-stress, get out of town (even if only fifty miles?), and see a little of the USA in our Chevrolets (remember the commercial from the early 60's?).... with a happy little trailer in tow.... Perhaps even meet some other nice folks....

We can throw a couple kayaks in the back of the truck to go that short hop.... We'll keep you posted on the date.... as for now, vaguely sometime in March, 2009 will have to do.

Hope you guys have a great time in Howenwald next week. Wish we could be there too. We've had so much fun with the Oliver already.... it's a great little trailer.

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Here are the first two toasts raised at the first ever NON-sanctioned (but more fun than any old "sanctioned") Oliver Rally !!!

I will post more photos later, but I want to do them over on the "Campground" thread, because this is really an awesome campground, perfect for a small rally... well any size actually. Lots of space. But after days of fun I must return to work, but as soon as I can get the photos edited and up, I will send you specific details of how to get to this hidden gem of a park and hope to see all of you next year ! Geri

Permit me to stick my neck out just alittle farther...

If ya'll handle the detail's for this gathering,

I'll see about getting it “Officially Sponsored” by Oliver.

Did I mention ya'll handle the details???

I'm thinking along the lines that we'll supply the catfish and fix'ns for the banquet, ya'll think of someone that might have a little experience to cook it ;) .

We'll provide the event T-shirts, ya'll find someone to design it.

A few door prizes, a banner and you've got the "makins fer a sho nuff hoe down".

What say you?

As always, your humble servant,

:D BuffaloBob

• Moderators

BuffaloBob,

We're in! thanks for the offer...

spring, 2009... 2nd Annual UnOfficial (soon to be official) Oliver Rally in Dade City, Florida

(March and early April are beautiful in Dade City...)

Banners, tee-shirts, and main course (catfish?) provided by Oliver....

Everybody else bring your own chairs and silverware, and a hot dish and lots of stories to share....

Is it ok if we post this (when we have a firm date and commitment from the park) on the other boards so our friends with other style campers can come too?

I owned a local restaurant for over 12 years, so, I do have a few connections on tee shirts, banners, and yes, I can help cook. We'll bring one propane burning turkey fryer... I'm sure other members have them, too.

Tumbleweed and Earthdancer are in Florida, too. We'll be seeing them in the next 10 days or so. As more experienced rally campers, they're bound to have some great ideas to make this a really fun rally....

Sherry

OMG... we're about to become official :D Thanks!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

:D W O W !!!! What an OFFER!!! Of course, Earthdancer and I will give our assistance to this historic event. Never having had the pleasure of catching, cleaning, cooking or consuming catfish, I would have to check to possibly Mountainborn on the preperation OR arrange for a possibly historic 1ST ever Oliver non sanctioned catfishing expedition to Arkansas for catfishing lessons. My forte has always been steaks of the cow or pork variety which if above expedition is not successful, can always be a fall back! And, of course, Earthdancer would be the official photographer! This coming together!!!!!

• Moderators

Come on Chuck...

We were counting on you and Mountainborn to handle the catfish arena... noodling... jug fishing.... You have a whole year ahead to hone up on your techniques with Mountainborn....

mmmmm we usually go fishing at the local fishmarket, but we still have connections with the restaurant supply house as a fallback position :D

Paul and Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Tom, this is Earthdancer's gem of a find, and she'll be posting more on it tomorrow in camping sites thread. I can pm the link to mapquest directions if you want... I see she's not online.

It's a county park, on one of the prettiest rivers in Florida, 20 minutes or so off of I-75 near Dade City. Except for large groups/events, no reservations accepted or necessary. This is our busiest season here, and yet very few other campers last week. Nature trails, walking trails, lookout tower, playground for little kids (don't know how old your boys are...). Really nice informative rangers. Well maintained, and out in the country. Access after I-75 is all paved state and county roads except the last mile and a half, and that wasn't bad for a Florida dirt road.

The trailer camping area is a big open field lined with big old Florida oaks on the perimeter. No dump station or sewer hookup, but water & electric. Public bathrooms are clean and neat, no showers, but would be quite a hike from the trailer camping area. Bikeable.

If you and your wife meander east instead of west, make sure to let all of us Floridians know. It's just a little over an hour's drive for us... and if we're around, we'll meet you there....We all might be there anyway... We're meeting Tumbleweed & Earthdancer there for a few days near the end of March/beginning of April. Unofficial rallies are great!

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Tom, if you be patient about 24 more hours, I will post more photos of the park and the rally than you can shake a stick at! :D I will give full directions from several directions.

But if you can't wait, Google: Withlacoochee River County Park, Dade City, FL and you will get the info you need. Best part about this beautiful park, it is only $5 per night and that includes water and electric! No Showers, no fancy swimmin' hole...... just a beautiful river for fishing or kyaking and trails waiting to be hiked. I don't wanna give it all away here, but I will post photos of the park and all the details in the fairly new "Campground" thread on the front page. It really is a park worth visiting and not that far off I-75 in Central FL.

Geri

Hello Oliver community. My wife and I are interested in seeing an Oliver camper in person and live in Dade City. It sounds like your rally is or was just east of town at Withlacooche Rive Park. Is anyone still there that would be wiilling to show us their rig? Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

We will have ours there the 1st thru 8th of April. My girl friend has some medical appt's so we may be longer. SeaDawg shud also be there for some of that time, you could get TWO Olivers showings for the price of ONE!!! Plse PM me and we'll exchange cellphone #'s and set up a date/time though 2nd or 3rd or 6th or 7th would probably be best.

Regards, Chuck

• Moderators

Looks like we'll be getting up to Dade City Monday night... Tuesday at the latest... Really looking forward to our second trip to this very cool campground... This time, I'm bringing my hiking boots... there are so many tempting trails to explore in this park...

Just got back from North Carolina, and my new boots are pretty well broken in... :D We'll see how they do on flat land now!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4