The future of travel trailers? E.home coco

SeaDawg

• Moderators

This German travel trailer is still in concept stage, but what a concept.

https://insideevs.com/electric-camper-improves-ev-range/

An electric motor drives each wheel to assist the tow vehicle. 80 kwh battery can double as a powerwall for your solar powered stick and brick home. And, it can park itself in a tight spot via instruction from the owner's smartphone...

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

One of the things that amazed me while living in Europe were the lightweight travel trailers and small tow vehicles, often just a small car.

And, it can park itself in a tight spot via instruction from the owner’s smartphone…

Sherry

This would take all the fun out of honing your backing in skills! Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I’ve often wondered why no one has come out with this before, perhaps partnering with someone like Tesla to make it happen.

Going a step further, if you add a stability control system to the trailer that links to the car, then you could completely eliminate trailer sway.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Definitely a luxe apartment on wheels . I've seen dropdown beds in campers before, but they usually restrict head height.  Nice recess into the ceiling, but I'm curious as to overall height of the camper.

We meet a number of German campers on our Alaska trips, but they're usually in truck campers or expedition type campers. Last year, we spent some time in the Yukon with a German fellow riding his  bicycle from Anchorage to San Francisco,  tent camping.

I'd love to go to one of the Germany RV shows.  Their innovations and ideas are all over the  spectrum..

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.