Fresh Water tank

Foy_Mirna

I like to travel with our fresh water tank low/empty for weight reasons when I know we will arrive at a site with potable water. I have noticed that while hooked to city water that our fresh tank has been slowly filling up. This gets to about 55% over two days. My question is do I have a valve in a wrong position?  I have check all the valves and they are either open or closed. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

• Thanks 1

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

First thing would be to check for a leak at the pump.  Before hooking up to city water, remove the clear plastic filter housing and place a shallow dish under it.  Then when you hook up, you can see if water is leaking through the pump.  If not, then you can move on to the valves.  Definitely possible for a valve to not close all the way.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I started having this problem today. We travel with a full fresh tank and after hooking up to city water earlier this afternoon we started getting a steady slow leak from the overflow. I just checked the valves and they all seem okay. Will check the pump.

Foy, did you get yours figured out? Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hey all I went through this for over a year and was the pump check valve leaking back into the fresh water tank. I replaced it and all is well, it would stop for a few days on and off but never went away till i replaced the pump. I took the pump apart and could not see why it might be leaking and by the time you buy the replacement parts for about $30 bucks more you can just replace and put a new one in just my opinion. Thanks Gary

• Thanks 1

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

• Moderators

Sounds like I need a new pump! We’ll be home at the end of the month so I’ll order one to be there when we arrive. In the meantime I’ll use the fresh tank to empty it somewhat so we don’t have the annoying drip outside the door. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I had this problem and it was the pump. I replaced the pump and no more problems. Except one new one. After replacing the pump about three weeks ago I periodically checked the level in my fresh water tank which began at 19% and held steady until last week when it read 13%. That was a bit strange but OK. It then read 19% a few days later so I figured maybe the gauge was out of whack a bit.  This morning I checked and it read 0%. I looked in the basement and all was dry. I have not noticed any water coming out of the bottom of the trailer except for A/C and fridge drips. We have remained hooked to "city water" throughout and only unhooked and re-hooked twice in three weeks traveling. I ran the pump this morning and there was no water to be had. The fresh water tank really was empty. I re-filled to 13%, the pump runs fine, and now we'll see what happens. I have no idea where the water could have gone unless the fresh water tank was siphoning back into the main plumbing. Very odd. Anybody have this problem?

• Thanks 1

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

Foy, did you get yours figured out? Mike

Yes its the pump.  If you recall I had problems with plastic in my fresh water tank from the Water pickup upgrade.  I am still dealing with it as not all the plastic has been removed.

• Thanks 1

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited