2018 Fall Western Trip

rideandfly

We finally took Ollie on a camping trip out west and wanted to share a few photos.  We visited Kodachrome Basin SP UT and it was raining, so will visit there again on our next trip. Have to say Ollie has great towing manners and very pleasant to camp in!!!!!

Winslow AZ:

i-cHSdV6c-L.jpg

Bryce NP:

i-Q7RfvmD-L.jpg

North Rim:

i-zxLpggX-L.jpg

Zion NP:

i-LB7GgQG-L.jpg

Cedar Breaks NP area:

i-9ddH24S-L.jpg

Valley of Fire SP NV:

i-VKLn43c-L.jpg

Snow Canyon SP UT:

i-LDKcn5Q-L.jpg

i-bshvwZP-L.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Like 5

LE2

Nice pics Bill. We have been out West a plenty - but not in the fall. That will have to be on the plan for later. Although, I am headed out to AZ around turkey day week, perhaps if the weather is appropriate a side trip may be in order. Me and Harley have the time, the Ms, well she may pout...she has to , umm , work.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Nice pics Bill. We have been out West a plenty – but not in the fall. That will have to be on the plan for later. Although, I am headed out to AZ around turkey day week, perhaps if the weather is appropriate a side trip may be in order. Me and Harley have the time, the Ms, well she may pout…she has to , umm , work.

We plan to go back next fall, too. It was a fine trip, while camping in UT, a camper next to us told us about Valley of Fire SP, we camped there and enjoyed it. There was a very loud, high wind, rain & lightning storm (no hail) about 2:00 in the morning while camping there, Ollie handled it great.

Thanks,

• Like 1

LE2

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, rideandfly said:

We finally took Ollie on a camping trip out west and wanted to share a few photos.  We visited Kodachrome Basin SP UT and it was raining, so will visit there again on our next trip. Have to say Ollie has great towing manners and very pleasant to camp in!!!!!

Winslow AZ:

i-cHSdV6c-L.jpg

Bryce NP:

i-Q7RfvmD-L.jpg

North Rim:

i-zxLpggX-L.jpg

Zion NP:

i-LB7GgQG-L.jpg

Cedar Breaks NP area:

i-9ddH24S-L.jpg

Valley of Fire SP NV:

i-VKLn43c-L.jpg

Snow Canyon SP UT:

i-LDKcn5Q-L.jpg

i-bshvwZP-L.jpg

We visited many of these places in May, 2019.  Beautiful part of the country.  I especially liked Valley of Fire, and the North Rim GC was spectacular (maybe not now since the fire).  We did not get to spend much time in Utah, so plan to go back that way.  Had hoped it to be this Spring (2020), but we all know how that turned out.  The area around Sedona, Cottonwood, and Jerome were amazing as was Payson, AZ, and the Mongollon Rim.

One of the highlights of the trip was camping two nights at Lee's Ferry right on the Colorado River.  I had just finished reading the book, The Emerald Mile.  An Interesting, true story, of the man who broke the Colorado River Run time (in a wooden Dory).  Great read! https://grandcanyon.com/news/the-emerald-mile-fastest-through-grand-canyon/

I heard that that boat, named the Emerald Mile, is still hanging in a workshop somewhere, I think around Flagstaff.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, Susan Huff said:

We visited many of these places in May, 2019.  Beautiful part of the country.  I especially liked Valley of Fire, and the North Rim GC was spectacular (maybe not now since the fire).  We did not get to spend much time in Utah, so plan to go back that way.  Had hoped it to be this Spring (2020), but we all know how that turned out.  The area around Sedona, Cottonwood, and Jerome were amazing as was Payson, AZ, and the Mongollon Rim.

One of the highlights of the trip was camping two nights at Lee's Ferry right on the Colorado River.  I had just finished reading the book, The Emerald Mile.  An Interesting, true story, of the man who broke the Colorado River Run time (in a wooden Dory).  Great read! https://grandcanyon.com/news/the-emerald-mile-fastest-through-grand-canyon/

I heard that that boat, named the Emerald Mile, is still hanging in a workshop somewhere, I think around Flagstaff.

Susan,

We have plenty of exploring left to do in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and eastern California during 2021. We enjoy our trips out west!!!!

Thanks for the link,

LE2

On 8/31/2020 at 2:18 PM, rideandfly said:

Susan,

We have plenty of exploring left to do in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and eastern California during 2021. We enjoy our trips out west!!!!

Thanks for the link,

Maybe our paths will cross . . . . will be on the lookout for you 😎

Ray and Susan Huff

• Moderators

Cobbler looks yummy. Dutch oven cooking, at its best, and sweetest.

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Susan,

We enjoy meeting Ollie owners everywhere we travel! 🙂

Met Ollie and Casita owners, they shared fine cobblers with us: 😋

i-FsXPJds-L.jpg

My mouth is watering.  We have a cast iron dutch oven for campfire cooking, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Can't have a campfire at our house during fire season and haven't been camping ☹️  Some day, though . . . . . .

Ray and Susan Huff

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

That's beautiful , Maniac!

Could I ask where?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, rideandfly said:

Winslow AZ:

i-cHSdV6c-L.jpg

Bryce NP:

i-Q7RfvmD-L.jpg

North Rim:

i-zxLpggX-L.jpg

Zion NP:

i-LB7GgQG-L.jpg

Cedar Breaks NP area:

i-9ddH24S-L.jpg

Valley of Fire SP NV:

i-VKLn43c-L.jpg

Snow Canyon SP UT:

i-LDKcn5Q-L.jpg

i-bshvwZP-L.jpg

Of all these places that we have been, Valley of Fire in 2019 was my personal favorite.  I loved that you could roam and hike wherever you wanted.  Beautiful place and not overwhelmed with people.  We planned to visit Utah this Spring, but that didn't happen  . . . . . maybe next year.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

12 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Of all these places that we have been, Valley of Fire in 2019 was my personal favorite.  I loved that you could roam and hike wherever you wanted.  Beautiful place and not overwhelmed with people.  We planned to visit Utah this Spring, but that didn't happen  . . . . . maybe next year.

Took this shot at Valley of Fire, too. Plan to visit again next time in Nevada:

i-qb5jhMm-L.jpg

We like Bryce along with so many beautiful places out west:

i-Htr2PCx-L.jpg

LE2

21 hours ago, Mainiac said:

That is on the south eastern corner of Moosehead Lake. Off of Lily Bay State Park. Actually I think the ice had only been out for about two days. 

IMG_20200616_093330.jpg

The absolutely magical couple of weeks in the north woods of Maine before black fly season.....Trout fishing is at its best and not many folks around yet... 

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

There was maybe only 4 or 5 camps set up in each campground. Quiet! And magical! The deer were friendly.

So, you must be in your new home on wheels! Better than you had hoped it would be? Think we might wait for the new year, and roll on out. Go south of the Mason/Dixon line and flip a coin at every stop sign. Heads take a left, tails take a right, forgot what is straight ahead. Guess it depends on what time sunset is. And you know there are no stops signs on the Interstates so we will stay off them.

Stay safe, take pictures, and we will see you back around the Alewise run...

• Like 1