Jump to content

2018 Fall Western Trip


Recommended Posts

We finally took Ollie on a camping trip out west and wanted to share a few photos.  We visited Kodachrome Basin SP UT and it was raining, so will visit there again on our next trip. Have to say Ollie has great towing manners and very pleasant to camp in!!!!!

 

Winslow AZ:

 

i-cHSdV6c-L.jpg

 

Bryce NP:

 

i-Q7RfvmD-L.jpg

 

North Rim:

 

i-zxLpggX-L.jpg

 

Zion NP:

 

i-LB7GgQG-L.jpg

 

Cedar Breaks NP area:

 

i-9ddH24S-L.jpg

 

Valley of Fire SP NV:

 

i-VKLn43c-L.jpg

 

Snow Canyon SP UT:

 

i-LDKcn5Q-L.jpg

 

i-bshvwZP-L.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice pics Bill. We have been out West a plenty - but not in the fall. That will have to be on the plan for later. Although, I am headed out to AZ around turkey day week, perhaps if the weather is appropriate a side trip may be in order. Me and Harley have the time, the Ms, well she may pout...she has to , umm , work.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"

ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201524964bac5483378b34b491562080842sm.jpg

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice pics Bill. We have been out West a plenty – but not in the fall. That will have to be on the plan for later. Although, I am headed out to AZ around turkey day week, perhaps if the weather is appropriate a side trip may be in order. Me and Harley have the time, the Ms, well she may pout…she has to , umm , work.

 

We plan to go back next fall, too. It was a fine trip, while camping in UT, a camper next to us told us about Valley of Fire SP, we camped there and enjoyed it. There was a very loud, high wind, rain & lightning storm (no hail) about 2:00 in the morning while camping there, Ollie handled it great.

 

Thanks,

  • Like 1

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 10/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, rideandfly said:

We finally took Ollie on a camping trip out west and wanted to share a few photos.  We visited Kodachrome Basin SP UT and it was raining, so will visit there again on our next trip. Have to say Ollie has great towing manners and very pleasant to camp in!!!!!

 

Winslow AZ:

 

i-cHSdV6c-L.jpg

 

Bryce NP:

 

i-Q7RfvmD-L.jpg

 

North Rim:

 

i-zxLpggX-L.jpg

 

Zion NP:

 

i-LB7GgQG-L.jpg

 

Cedar Breaks NP area:

 

i-9ddH24S-L.jpg

 

Valley of Fire SP NV:

 

i-VKLn43c-L.jpg

 

Snow Canyon SP UT:

 

i-LDKcn5Q-L.jpg

 

i-bshvwZP-L.jpg

We visited many of these places in May, 2019.  Beautiful part of the country.  I especially liked Valley of Fire, and the North Rim GC was spectacular (maybe not now since the fire).  We did not get to spend much time in Utah, so plan to go back that way.  Had hoped it to be this Spring (2020), but we all know how that turned out.  The area around Sedona, Cottonwood, and Jerome were amazing as was Payson, AZ, and the Mongollon Rim.

One of the highlights of the trip was camping two nights at Lee's Ferry right on the Colorado River.  I had just finished reading the book, The Emerald Mile.  An Interesting, true story, of the man who broke the Colorado River Run time (in a wooden Dory).  Great read! https://grandcanyon.com/news/the-emerald-mile-fastest-through-grand-canyon/

I heard that that boat, named the Emerald Mile, is still hanging in a workshop somewhere, I think around Flagstaff.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin on order

2013 F350 3.2l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, Susan Huff said:

We visited many of these places in May, 2019.  Beautiful part of the country.  I especially liked Valley of Fire, and the North Rim GC was spectacular (maybe not now since the fire).  We did not get to spend much time in Utah, so plan to go back that way.  Had hoped it to be this Spring (2020), but we all know how that turned out.  The area around Sedona, Cottonwood, and Jerome were amazing as was Payson, AZ, and the Mongollon Rim.

One of the highlights of the trip was camping two nights at Lee's Ferry right on the Colorado River.  I had just finished reading the book, The Emerald Mile.  An Interesting, true story, of the man who broke the Colorado River Run time (in a wooden Dory).  Great read! https://grandcanyon.com/news/the-emerald-mile-fastest-through-grand-canyon/

I heard that that boat, named the Emerald Mile, is still hanging in a workshop somewhere, I think around Flagstaff.

Susan,

We have plenty of exploring left to do in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and eastern California during 2021. We enjoy our trips out west!!!!

Thanks for the link,

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 2:18 PM, rideandfly said:

Susan,

We have plenty of exploring left to do in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and eastern California during 2021. We enjoy our trips out west!!!!

Thanks for the link,

Maybe our paths will cross . . . . will be on the lookout for you 😎

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin on order

2013 F350 3.2l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Susan,

We enjoy meeting Ollie owners everywhere we travel! 🙂

Met Ollie and Casita owners, they shared fine cobblers with us: 😋

i-FsXPJds-L.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by rideandfly
  • Like 1

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Cobbler looks yummy. Dutch oven cooking, at its best, and sweetest.

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Cobbler looks yummy. Dutch oven cooking, at its best, and sweetest.

The peach and cherry cobblers were fantastic and they had ice cream, too. 

Edited by rideandfly

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Susan,

We enjoy meeting Ollie owners everywhere we travel! 🙂

Met Ollie and Casita owners, they shared fine cobblers with us: 😋

i-FsXPJds-L.jpg

 

 

 

My mouth is watering.  We have a cast iron dutch oven for campfire cooking, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Can't have a campfire at our house during fire season and haven't been camping ☹️  Some day, though . . . . . .

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin on order

2013 F350 3.2l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...