Wiring schematic

daveruth

• Moderators

Or look online at the Oliver website.  On the main page, select Travel Trailers on the blue bar.  Then select Oliver University and find your model and year.  ?

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

The diagrams for #359 are located in the front of the owners manual. Just in case you don't have web service right now.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

There is not a comprehensive system wide schematic.  There are individual schematics of systems such as trailer harness, 110vac, monitors, solar etc.

I have found two fuses missing from the schematics. 1.) The 250amp ANL fuse That protects power from the batteries to the inverter (under aft seat of side dinette). 2.) an in-line fuse between the solar panels and the Zamp controller (located in access port behind the controller).

Also be aware that some of the wire  colors can be misleading at first.  I have found them to be correct except they are inside the black plastic looming.  What you may see coming out of the looming are the pigtails from a device that may be a different color and not depicted in the schematics.  This is the case for the LP detector and some of the inline fuses.

Overall I have been very happy with the wiring diagrams.  They have been helpful, just be aware there are a few discepencies.

- Randy

• Thanks 2

2018 LE2 STD #365

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax 4x4

Yes, I concur,  Randy, there are a few issues with the schematics. But I would guess they are much better than what you'd get from most other  RV manufacturers.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to get an external "air' antenna to work. Although there are two inputs on the side of the trailer, and there is one up in the top rear storage compartment - for the attached Wingard antenna - I have no idea on the actual circuitry of this overall system. I'll eventually figure it out - perhaps with a call to Oliver, but a nice schematic on where and how they ran the cables , connectors, etc., would have helped. The schematic provided is for power - not signal.....

I seriously doubt if most manufacturers bother with schematics.  The appendices to the Oliver owners' manual is one of the gems of getting an Ollie, imo.  Not perfect, but a fantastic resource nonetheless, especially if you're a tinkerer like me.  And those who aren't will definitely appreciate having a set of schematics to give their repair shop if something ever goes wrong.

Now, if every Ollie would come with a set of CAD drawings, then I could really get to work, lol.

• Thanks 1

Like I said “Overall I have been very happy with the wiring diagrams.”  With my last TT, I called the manufacturer and tried to get schematics.  I was told they were not available.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the Ollie schematics.  Having the wire color and gage called out on the drawings helps quite a bit. Folks should just be aware that there are some discrepencies.

For A/V wiring I  spent some time poking around.  Opening the drivers side panel in the attic is a good place to start.

I’ve also been looking at splitting the interior light circuits up so they are fed through more than the one fuse in the attic fuse panel.

F7C127F9-7365-48D0-BAA5-23336EE738B7.thumb.jpeg.b08584bec01f27031d085e23dde517d6.jpeg

2018 LE2 STD #365

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax 4x4

For A/V wiring I spent some time poking around. Opening the drivers side panel in the attic is a good place to start.

Before I pulled down the side panels I called Jason (service) to gain an understanding on how the A/V is wired, and how it is designed to function.  Now  - I know what I wanted to do will not work - without a little modification to the TV antenna/cable wiring circuitry. So for time being, I just tied the external antenna directly to the TV. As it is just a short term storage solution - one my wife wanted - so I am "good"

BTW - what a rats nest - If I open mine up, I'll end up attempting to clean it up a little, perhaps out of sight out of mind will have to suffice. ;-}

BTW – what a rats nest – If I open mine up, I’ll end up attempting to clean it up a little, perhaps out of sight out of mind will have to suffice. ;-}

Mine was just as bad, and I used that exact phrase when I posted pics.. Some people got a little upset by it, but I think it is a very accurate description.

There are literally many dozens of extra feet of cables and wires that could be done away with, but coiling and tying them securely works OK and makes it look as if somebody cared about it.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.