One month and counting here in PA

JohnZ3

We are anxiously awaiting the mid November pickup of our 2018 Elite II. Unfortunately, with winter weather not far away, here in PA, we'll more than likely only use the Oliver for the trip home from TN. Then it's off to winter storage till next Spring. We'll use the down time to stock up and equip the trailer and "make it our own".  I always look forward to reading all of the posts on the forum and find that they are a wealth of good information.  We may sign up for the 2019 Rally (if there are still sites available) after we take delivery. Perhaps we'll get to meet many of the happy Oliver owners out there. 

John & Eileen

John & Eileen

2018 F150 EB Super Crew FX4

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull #405

• Moderators

J & E -

The park where the annual Owner's Rally is held is quite large.  It is highly unlikely that it will be filled.  Certainly come join us - it would be a great place for you to learn even more about you new Ollie and get ideas on many other ways to spend even more of your money.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

John and Eileen, glad to hear you’re in the final stretch! Hopefully the weather will cooperate in November for your pick up. There should be room at the rally, it’s a great place to meet a lot of fellow Oliver owners. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 3 weeks later...

John & Eileen,

Welcome to the family.  It is cold and rainy in the Asheville NC area now and probably will be cool temps for your trip home.  My advice would be to not put any water in the system.  Dry camp with bottled water and take showers at the campsite facilities. Or, hit a hotel room once on the way.

For the trip home.. Don't overlook WalMarts, Cracker Barrels, and other free overnight areas.  We drive 81 quite frequently and there are lots of places to overnight.  You come in late, grab a meal, fire up the heater and hit the sack.  In the morning you can make or grab coffee and get an early start.   Very efficient way to travel... especially in the winter with short days.  If you look for a pay campsite every night  you won't be traveling much with all the hooking and unhooking.

Look into the AllStays App.  It lists all those places and a lot of other good RV sites in a map format.   https://www.allstays.com/apps/

Good Luck and Safe Travels,

Scotty

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for all the good advice for our trip home.  My only question is.....will the furnace operate on DC/ battery, if we use one of the free overnight areas, or should I plan on taking my Honda generator along? 

John

John & Eileen

• Moderators

John -

Looks like Scotty and I are doing a tag team event here.

You will not need your generator unless you plan on staying somewhere for more than a couple of days.  Yes, the blower motor and furnace controller work on 12 volt DC.  Therefore, you don't need to be plugged into "shore" power (120 volt).  Even if there isn't any sun, you will be recharging your batteries via your tow vehicle as you drive down the road.

Bill

p.s.  the current forecast for the Asheville area is for the rain to come to an end by Friday of this week and then we should have several days of dry weather.  Since Hohenwald is only about 6 hours drive west of here, their weather shouldn't be much different.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Hey Bill,

The tag team approach works for me! Thanks to both of you for all the great information. Yes, other than the first night of camping down there to check out all of the systems, I believe we're going to try to get back home prior to Thanksgiving.

John

John & Eileen