Clam Shelter - Price Reduced!

DavidS

For those interested in the 140 x 140 Clam Shelter, my CamelCamelCamel account just notified me that the the price has been reduced to $186 on Amazon. It had been priced at $250-270.

(If you want to follow the price of an item over time check out https://camelcamelcamel.com, where you can also set up alerts for price drops.)

[attachment file=Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.46.32 PM.png]

Screen-Shot-2018-11-11-at-8_46.32-PM.png.90f4051bc37a2df81b461fb9e0b713e8.png

• Thanks 7

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

It is only the green version for that price....https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Set-9281-Portable-Protection/dp/B00E3LF7FK?th=1

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW you can order With Expert Assembly and it only adds an extra fee of $427.89. What a bargain!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John - Really?  There is nothing to assemble on a Clam unless one would want to call hammering stakes into the ground as assembly.  I wonder where that "assembly charge" came from?

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+
John – Really? There is nothing to assemble on a Clam unless one would want to call hammering stakes into the ground as assembly. I wonder where that “assembly charge” came from?

Bill

I too, at first, thought that was a bit expensive for an assembly charge even if it was “expert.” But, thinking it might be useful, I went on and included it with the initial purchase of our clam. It has worked out nicely in that the company actually sends out a team to wherever you’re camping and sets it up. Then, whenever you’re ready to leave, they will come back and pack it up for you. This has proven to be a great timesaver for us.   Even though that price is for only for one year, as much as we travel it’s well worth the $35 a month to not have to worry about the time and trouble we would spend setting up our clam every time we want to use it.

• Thanks 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

price went back up…4 hours after you posted this!?

It looks like I posted about an hour and forty minutes after the price dropped, and the price went up about 17 hours after I posted. Sorry you were not able to get the bargain price. I don't understand the logic behind Amazon price changes, and that is why I like setting up camel alerts.

[attachment file=Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 8.10.07 AM.png]

Screen-Shot-2018-11-13-at-8_10.07-AM.thumb.png.c4e1f20734f4e7c5ce119d03abb3f276.png

• Thanks 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

I don’t understand the logic behind Amazon price changes, and that is why I like setting up camel alerts.

I don't either, but I expect the inventory level may have something to do with it. When the shelves are overflowing with one particular version (the green one in this case), they drop the price way down and clear them out, then raise the price back to average. It's also a way to drag the buyer to that page, then he sees that there are other colors available. He didn't really like the green, so he orders brown for a higher price. Just guessing.

This is interesting:

Amazon only uses data from the Amazon platform to establish product relevancy. It does not consider data points such as off-page SEO that other search engines like Google does. The goal of the A9 algorithm is to maximise that amount of money each customer spends on Amazon. To achieve this, Amazon records all customer data from searches, to clicks, to purchases to establish product relevancy.

Long complicated technical article here: ... https://www.repricerexpress.com/product-ranking-on-amazon/

Camelx3 is definitely a good way to watch for bargains, IF you are patient and do not need an item immediately. Sometimes I just get tired of waiting for that super deal and just buy at the regular price, or off-site if the Amazon price is not so good. The Honey browser app is great for finding better prices, or for reassuring you that you got the very best deal. Amazon is not always the best choice.

https://help.joinhoney.com/article/39-what-is-honey-and-how-do-i-get-it

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

What should be a simple task, RV'ing that is, seems I have the ability to make it so much harder than necessary. The shear number of things I think I need, coupled with the "things" I dream up to improve the Ollie, it must be some sort of RV related mental condition. A clam shell, fine, But, certainly I could do better, wait, what about one of theses, and one of thoses, ohhh, look, a cool widget, get two.

Please refrain from posting cool, attractive, must have, like to have, what about this  - items ---  with a whole winter ahead of me, I'll never make it, my wallet not with standing, figuring out how to haul it to and froe will be to daunting a task. Stress reduction - please.

:-)

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
What should be a simple task, RV’ing that is, seems I have the ability to make it so much harder than necessary. The shear number of things I think I need, coupled with the “things” I dream up to improve the Ollie, it must be some sort of RV related mental condition. A clam shell, fine, But, certainly I could do better, wait, what about one of theses, and one of thoses, ohhh, look, a cool widget, get two.

?

I feel your pain! There are so many nifty accessories that we just might need. When I packed for this current trip I decided that “less will be more” and brought half of what we usually tote around. Most of my nifty accessories are back in the garage on the “RV Shelves”. My back seat is empty and with the chairs and grill unloaded the bed of my truck is almost empty.

That is a good price for a clam, though. I just might need one sometime, too bad the price went up! I do have some space on my RV Shelves for some more stuff. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS