Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally

Hidalga

August 25th – September 1st 2019

Inhale the fertile earth

Sense the wind on your face

Witness the quiver of nature

Listen to the rumbling in the distance

There will soon come an extraordinary gathering…

It will take place in the Black Hills and Rapid City area of South Dakota.

As we continue to work on the event details, get updates and information on the Inyan website.

Inyan-block-ad1.jpg.3f8a73782e86b8ebbe68844f9888c58a.jpg

• Thanks 1

RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

• 1 month later...

Registration and information for Inyan is now here! This new rolling rally is packed with regional activities. Take advantage of two camps along the Black Hills—on the southern and northern borders—to maximize your time.

For registration, travel guide links and rally information, go to:

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/index.html

• Thanks 1

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

Listen to the rumbling in the distance

Would you mind explaining those? Does this actually mean something?

I have been to Rushmore and the Black Hills and cannot connect what I experienced there with this mystical symbology... except maybe the rumbling, which could be half a million Harley Davidson riders leaving Sturgis. They should mostly be gone by the last week of August.

Nature’s quiver has me and Google stumped....

DDD94691-527D-4389-8118-2A55092534E6.thumb.jpeg.7ec8e22e5ec6b3da670f22ceabc8d194.jpeg

Is there an actual schedule of events? There is nothing on the website.

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Take it easy on yourself, John.

There is no mystical symbology. Simply explained:

Use all of your innate senses to observe the wonderful world surrounding you.

Would love to have you join us for this unique gathering.

(Oops! Although I did get smell, touch, sight and hearing, I missed taste. My bad. Can't nail everything, every time.)

John,

Thank you! between your comment and #fijiwatergirl, I came up with a "taste" line for the rally. Working on it right now and should be posted by the end of the night on the Inyan home page.

Hi John,

I just noticed your comment below that giant screen shot you posted.

We never put out a schedule of events this early from a rally. As the Website already states: "Registered participants will have the rally itinerary by Mid-July".

A schedule of events is heavily dependent on the number of anticipated participants. Fluidity matters. We are currently working on events, but will not project anything this early into the year.

There will be a lot of exploratory time for participants. That's why we post so many links on the rally Website. At this time, participants are expected to do homework on what would interest them from a myriad of options.

• Thanks 1

Would love to have you join us for this unique gathering.

Perhaps you could explain what makes this rally unique? If you won’t post the events list, how are we suposed to know what is planned? I am OK with a band, or BBQ, or target shooting, or canoeing, but definitely not fire walking or deep meditation....

Just trying to understand the event. What is going to happen, besides socializing?  And enjoying nature? Which, I have to comment, will be a little hard to do from your second commercial venue, which is pretty close to Interstate 14....

7D27A4B1-AA73-468B-AA99-3BCEF8B4E230.thumb.png.52f135d04f9432307b6f407f9ef0d400.png

Thanks again.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

This rally will not appeal to everyone with a travel trailer.

It is designed for those who want to explore the Black Hills and know how to advantageously plan to have a nearby camp for minimal day driving.

It’s also designed to take advantage of having a home on wheels. We’re not singing "Kum ba yah"; this rally is for those who want to maximize our week to explore the multitude of nearby attractions, and a lot of the customized daily schedule is up to the participant.

This rally is attracting independent spirits that just want fiberglass trailer camp camaraderie.

That's as much as I can offer you. If you're seeking a full-blown event schedule with everything planned for you, then maybe you shouldn't attend.

• Thanks 2

Inhale the fertile earth

Ok, I get the first. But not in the posters context - I get my earthen sensual olfactory fix during spring garden tilling and planting. Try not to inhale to much - microbes and all...

The second, I'm with JD. The bounty of nature, I get it, but Probably not a gathering I'm putting on my schedule. It appears a little unique for me.

It’s also designed to take advantage of having a home on wheels. We’re not singing “Kum ba yah”; this rally is for those who want to maximize our week to explore the multitude of nearby attractions, and a lot of the customized daily schedule is up to the participant. This rally is attracting independent spirits that just want fiberglass trailer camp camaraderie.

Well - why didn't you just say so in the first place - I'm an independent sort of chap - I choose my camaraderie - selectively.  Sort of the- salt of the earth kind of folks,....

Ok I admit - I'm bored.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

I've heard nothing but great things about Jeannine's rallies, from both Oliver and Casita owners.  They're supposed to be a ton of fun and I'm sure some of the regulars here can post about their experiences.  I doubt I'll ever go to this particular one, because August, but Green Eggs and Ham and Outer banks are definitely on my someday list.

• Thanks 2

’ve heard nothing but great things about Jeannine’s rallies, from both Oliver and Casita owners.

And I know my SO would love the event, please don't tell her, life is hard enough. :-)

Oh for crying out loud…

That’s what happens when you want to party with a bunch of engineers and so-called intellects. They’ll even pick apart your expressive poetry. Y’all need to get out and do some more camping!

BTW John, I think you meant to pin our second campground, Rush No More RV Resort in post #157854. Not Bulldog Creek Campground (intersection)?

• Thanks 1

Ah boredom.

I was just playing, relax, its a good thing.

Engineer, perhaps, intellectual, now that's a hoot. Hillbilly, redneck, country, backwoods, or similar, might get you in the same universe.

As for campfires and parties - well, that's another matter.

Getting out - as often as possible. Probably more than most. Although the next 6 weeks are a dud. Surgery and recovery you see.

Good luck with your events.

Life is short, have fun. Die young, as late as possible.

RB

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Travelers are not all the same. Some feel more comfortable camping with a larger group in a rather structured environment, while others prefer smaller venues with less structure, or even none at all, merely a general grouping of people.   Then there are those who prefer to always wander alone.  It is all good . . .

I totally get the smell, feel, see, hear aspect of this rally which is in its formative stage of development.  "Build it and they will come."  People will create their own experiences within the template set before them.  I may need to put this one on my list of potential places to be during this year's wanderings.

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 3 months later...

Only Two Weeks Left!

During the last weekend of April we’ll be sending all registered Inyan participants an email with the details to set up an account and register for the first campground, located on the south end of the Black Hills.

That email is about two weeks away.

If you want to join us please go to the rally Website to register and get more information. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

Participants have already been making reservations at Rush No More RV Resort and Campground, our 2nd location for the rally.

When we shift to our north camp on Wednesday, Aug. 28th, Rush No More Campground will have the food hot, beer garden open and from 6:30-8:30 or 9pm, we’ll be greeted by a local acoustical music jam session at the beer garden.

For those still on the fence, we’ll publicly announce reservations for the 1st campground in the 3-month reservation window (end of May) for the first day of the event (August 25th). Want in early and to stay in the loop? Then register by April 26th!

We’re continuing to develop events and will have the official schedule about 1 month prior to the rally. See the website for further information and area attraction links.

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

Last Day

Today is the last day to sign-up for advanced registration details for the Sept 25-28 campground. http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

There are 2 campgrounds to register for, we’re a rolling rally.

Details made public at the end of May for the 1st campground.

• 1 month later...

The SD state park reservation window is now open for rally dates, and you can come early if desired. Note that most sites fill up in Angostura Recreation Area within a week of their reservation opening, so we encourage you to sign up ASAP.

To attend the event, register with Inyan ($25 rig fee) and receive further reservation details: Register Here

If you have not made reservations yet for the second half of the rally, then please refer to the Inyan Website on how to book with Rush-No-More RV Resort.

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

The schedule of events will be emailed to registrants about a month before the rally. Please check out the resourceful links our website to help you plan a monumental South Dakota visit!

• 1 month later...
Itinerary Input Requested

If you signed up for Inyan, then you should have received an email today with a link to a checklist form to let us know what your interests are.

We're currently compiling the itinerary, and we'll have an information-packed event!

If you haven't registered yet, it's not too late. A few sites are still open in the first lakefront campground, and the second campground, Rush-No-More RV Resort, still has several sites, musicians and a beer garden waiting our arrival. Sign up for the rally and get the current details!

Rally Website: http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

• 2 weeks later...

Last Week to sign-up for rally

On July 29th the registration will close for Inyan. If you’re interested in attending this remarkable rally, please register on the rally website by Sunday, July 28th.

http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/register.html

The schedule of events will follow for participants after registration closes.

Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Custer State Park

Be a part of the South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks 100 years of outdoor traditions and celebrations!

Only during the Inyan Rally weekend, The Black Hills Playhouse and Black Hills Energy, in association with TigerLion Arts, presents Nature, an outdoor walking play celebrating the dynamic connection between humanity and the natural world in five performances from Thursday, August 29 through Sunday, September 1.

Learn more about this once-in-a-lifetime event: https://www.blackhillsplayhouse.com/nature

• 3 weeks later...

Exciting News!

For those of you who are arriving at least a day early for Inyan, you’ll be here for a major festival just a few miles up the road from the campground. It’s the annual Fall River Hot Air Balloon Festival. The aerial show of balloons, gliders, skydivers will be at the nearby airport, and a full weekend of fun activities are planned in downtown Hot Springs!

Learn more about the event: https://www.fallriverballoonfest.com/

Get the full event schedule here:

https://www.fallriverballoonfest.com/schedule

More about the town of Hot Springs:

http://www.hotsprings-sd.com/

I’ll be on the road starting Wednesday, August 14<sup>th</sup>, so Internet access will be infrequent at best. I’ll see Inyan attendees soon and will be back online around the first week of September.

• 1 month later...

We went to the Inyan Trailer Rally, and it was really great. We went to the Oliver Rally in May 2018, so this was our second rally. The two rallies were quite different, but the common denominator was meeting delightful friendly people.

I can’t say enough good things about Jeannine (Hidalga), the rally organizer. She did a spectacular job in communicating the information about the rally. Her email contained clear and concise information, with clearly marked website links, on how to register at the campgrounds; I noted that her email answered ALL of the questions I had. Her rally website had a comprehensive list of the many places to see. This really helped with our planning. There are a lot of neat things in the area, including Devils Tower National Monument, Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park, Wind Cave National Park, Jewel Cave National Monument, and a lot of Native American historical sites.

So I suggest you all check out the Eggshells in the Outer Banks Rally she is organizing. I was disappointed to learn about the problems with the Green Eggs and Ham Rally, but either of these rallies would be a very long haul for us, in terms of distance.

I usually post my pictures of Ollie on the Where’s Ollie thread, but this time I will post them here.

Jeannine had loot bags for all of us, and all kinds of info on all the recreation opportunities.

2019-08-25-153502Canon.thumb.jpg.d337c60b5a1725ce008f0b1fbf056995.jpg

2019-08-25-153442Canon.thumb.jpg.98d8185489934cffd5b648725d99a7e1.jpg

The first campground was in a South Dakota State Park, where campsites were enormous. Lots of space, and we were right next to a lake.

2019-08-25-174424Canon-Edit.thumb.jpg.7b9fd4dc3d30c29dcd0c80ee02a91f5a.jpg

The second campground was a commercial one with a bar (drinks and snacks) that made for a nice gathering place for rally-goers. Here are the fiberglass eggs lined up on the grass.

2019-08-29-180453Canon.thumb.jpg.8349926da88c7bb3f2917a351cb96dfb.jpg

We had excellent weather for the most part, but after one rainstorm I caught Ollie in front of a rainbow.

2019-08-30-173408Canon.thumb.jpg.c021c59362b818c154cdcbfb0a51235d.jpg

Ollie stopped at Devil’s Tower on our way home.

2019-09-01-094929Canon.thumb.jpg.33a5b6c831d526cf360988c0caeec637.jpg

Thanks again Jeannine, for organizing a wonderful rally! We did not see all the sights we wanted, but now we will go back to the Badlands of South Dakota, and we plan to camp in Custer State Park. The Bison at Custer State Park were amazing!

2019-08-26-115232Canon-Edit.thumb.jpg.aa5dd9ada1a15d98d60ac52b154fee14.jpg

2019-08-26-115746Canon-Edit.thumb.jpg.0f1257ce7a08c3429cfe635d71411f5b.jpg

• Thanks 3

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net