Stripper Pole, Revealed

technomadia

We all have heard the legends of the stripper pole ever since it was mentioned in passing a couple months ago. I thought the legend was just contained to the forums here. And then Robert started referring to the chrome pole cushion support as the 'Stripper Pole' to us on the phone. I was curious that it had entered the lexicon at Oliver, but thought Robert was just humoring us.

While we were at our pick up, and referred to it as the stripper pole - Robert was apt to correct us that it's a 'Chrome Pole'.

And then, they let us camp inside the factory AND gave us free roam with their golf cart no less.

BIG mistake if they wanted to keep the secret of the stripper pole hidden.

As I was wandering around the assembly lines in amazement at the number of parts (and thinking of the massive research and trial/error that had to go on for each piece) that come together to create these incredible vessels... My jaw literally hit the floor when I saw 'Stripper Pole' written on the assembly board and the brackets box labeled 'Stripper Pole Brkts'

2784237043_374ee2acff.jpg

2784236643_ec587194da.jpg

I love how Oliver is so in touch with their customers that even the humor we banter about here makes it so far into the company that it ends up being part of the assembly line. Just think how our our more serious conversations impact this product.

And it's funny as all get out too.

- Cherie

(And if you were expecting pictures of me *using* the stripper pole... )

• Moderators

The chrome pole, along with a lower horizontal support, provides a backrest for the back cushion on the smaller side dinette when dining.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.