Bathroom door magnets

JohnZ3

Hi, I seem to recall reading a number of posts about different ways to hold the bathroom door open. I've searched the forum, but can't find them. Can anyone direct me to them? Thanks, John

John & Eileen

2018 F150 EB Super Crew FX4

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull #405

We bought magnetic RV baggage door magnets. I used command hook tape to stick each side to the bottom of the door frame and the matching side to the lower side of the dinette seat. You don’t even notice them. We’ve used these for about a year now in the Texas heat and they are still going strong.

Just doing a google search for RV baggage clips and I came across another type that already has 3M tape attached. Like a round knob. Looks very nice.

8780617F-700D-4038-923D-39F251A5E0FE.thumb.png.b9db1e42e9db1413cf993822c9b80658.png

B6CEEDEC-1E8F-4A43-8144-F446137D75B1.thumb.png.13315fb4b92b4493f51acd4481faefb0.png

• Thanks 2

Brandi Shaffer

• Moderators

Brandi - Nice to see you!  Hope that little "RED" Oliver is treating you nicely.

Not that I think that it really matters much, but, I noticed that the magnets you reference already have 3M tape on the back of the magnet.  I believe that this is the "regular" 3M tape and not the removeable 3M tape.  I put mine on with the removeable but have not touched them in over two years.  So, I'm guessing that either one would be fine unless you think that there just might be a reason to remove them in the future.  However, with the regular tape one should probably be a bit more careful with the original placement of the magnets just to make sure that they are exactly where you want them.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I used the removable “command strips” to attach ours. Picture hanging strips. It was all planned to be temporary in case I didn’t like it but so far it is great. And stuck tight. I just attached the pic of the ones with the attached 3M tape as another possibility. :)

The JellyBean is going strong. Just got back from a Thanksgiving Week trip to Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas. That park is amazing.

My current project is replacing all of the painted red rubber window glazing strips with black. The black looks much nicer since the red paint likes to chip and crack off. Thought it would be an easy job. Bwhahaha!! I’ve managed to replace one half of one small window. Just can’t get it in there. I’m about to throw in the towel and see if I can find a local business that will do it.

• Thanks 1

Brandi Shaffer

• Moderators

We’ve had these magnets on for a couple of years now. The only additional modification has been to put a couple of felt bumpers on the dinette magnet. It still holds well but is easier to detach to close the door. Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS