It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

SeaDawg

• Moderators

and,  all around the town, we're barraged with gift ideas...

With my daughter's help, Paul got me a Dyson v6 car and boat vacuum, to replace the black and decker. Black friday great price, about half. Great little machine... no, its not a surprise, but thats ok. I'm really happy to have a machine that will remove our little dog's hair, that runs on battery.  I swear she sheds and grows a new coat monthly...</p>

I dont really have much on my list, but thought this might be a place to share ideas?

Harvest Hosts is raising its price next year from $49 a year to $79. If you like the idea of camping at vineyards , farms, and museums, for free, consider that gift. If you go in under technomadias fb post, you can save another 4 or 5 $... roughly 600 sites around the country for self contained  campers, one night only.

One item i use a lot is my tea kettle. Its rusting, but i think my daughter is replacing it.

I know i posted it before,  but good sam roadside has a great deal for new members.

If everything here seems too practical,  sorry. Its kind of what we do, at our house...

Wants and/or needs? Last year was big for me. I got my new all electric dc truckfridge... plus the microwave cabinet,  plus a drawer.  All oc which, i love, though the install finished in February... lol.

Sherry

• Thanks 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Ahh yes - Christmas wish lists.

Seems I am fortunate - I only ask for more time to take the Ollie out wandering  - and less time working, puttering, and generally just wasting time.

But HH and Good Sam, well that's just Lagniappe under the tree...

Happy Holidays to all in Oliver land.

• Thanks 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

I thought that I'd put a new tire pressure monitoring system on my wish list.  But, I then thought that I probably will not be using Twist until April and why buy now what I can't use for several months.  So, maps and fishing guide books for Montana went on the list instead.  That way I can use the early winter months to get my main 2019 trip planned and reservations (where necessary) made.

Bill

p.s.  A happy and enjoyable holiday season to all.  Please be safe out there!

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Bill,

Just saw the weather forecast for the Carolinas.  You better ask Santa for a snow shovel.☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️

Good luck,

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Already got a 27 year old snow blower - got it out of the garage a couple of days ago and with a short shot of starting fluid into the carb it fired right up.  Bring it on!

Bill

p.s.  a normal winter's snowfall for this town is right at 6 inches.  The current forecast is calling for between 6 and 18 inches.  If that happens can I count on Santa to bring no more snow for the rest of the winter?

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

For anyone still shopping,  Spot locator had a 50% off Chrismas sale on two models. (Rebate required)

https://www.findmespot.com/Holiday50/lander.php?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Paid_Social&utm_campaign=BB_SPOT_Holiday2018&utm_term=low_funnel&utm_content=14_day

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators

So, a quick update. The Dyson v6 is the bomb for use in our little trailer. I can sweep our little dog's hair, and the crap we track in quite quickly, several times on one charge. The downside is 110 charging is limited to when we're plugged in (almost never) and when we run the generator.

I bought some extra attachments (long stem and floor head) on amazon, and use it at home when we're not traveling. The max button is great, but depletes battery more quickly.

This is my favorite handheld vacuum. Ever. And I've had a bunch. The only one that compares in power is a very old, corded, Dirt Devil with a bag and a heavy motor. Not suitable for camping and boondocking.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Wow! They sure are proud of those little hand held vacs. I think that I'll stick to shaking out carpets and sweeping with an old broom.

Bill

After using the Dyson hand dryers in public restrooms, I have been very impressed with their engineering! I considered a Dyson vacuum when looking for a vacuum cleaner for Ollie. I looked at reviews here and here, and then read reviews on Amazon.

We ended up getting the Black and Decker BDH2000PL cordless handheld vacuum. Great reviews, and less than half the cost of Dyson. We really liked the fact that the nozzle pivots, allowing it to fold up into a small unit for storage that sits on the shelf in the closet. Charging does require either shore power or battery and inverter. We have found that a single charge lasts through a two-week trip, but we may use it less than others as we do not need to clean up dog hair.

My wife has been VERY happy with this vacuum, so much so that the vacuum lives at home between trailer trips.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

David S, one of my friends has that Black and Decker vacuum, and she likes it a lot. Last year, the V6 at Black Friday was probably $30 more than last year's price on the Black and Decker.

I brought up the old Christmas thread because the Black Friday deals will start sooner than we think. An older model, like the v6, was a great bargain on Black Friday. I wouldn't want to pay full retail for it, either.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Anyone use one of the portable wet-dry vacs like the DeWalt https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCV581H-20-Volt-Cordless-Wet-Dry/dp/B00DD1UQ3Y/ or Milwaukee? https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-0880-20-18-Volt-Cordless-Vacuum/dp/B001AHMQ90/

Being able to share batteries with all the other tools is a plus, seems a little beefier than the smaller vacuums, with the addition of maybe also doing some light leaf blowing duties to clean the awnings?

Between Olivers…

• Moderator+

We carried an earlier version of that Dewalt for a couple of years. It rode on the top shelf of the closet. We bought a smaller corded one at Quartzsite and leave the other at home. The Dewalt just took up too much room for the number of times we used it.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 10/22/2019 at 12:57 AM, ScubaRx said:

We carried an earlier version of that Dewalt for a couple of years. It rode on the top shelf of the closet. We bought a smaller corded one at Quartzsite and leave the other at home. The Dewalt just took up too much room for the number of times we used it.

I think the one for sale today doesn't differ much from the one sold when you bought.  We need something to get some of the crevices/cushions in the oliver and clean out the tow vehicle.  The corded ones just seemed like too much trouble to undo a cord, move it to do the TV, and wind the cord again for 5 minutes of vacuuming.  I  was picturing having to keep whatever we get in the basement, but forgot that we still have plenty of room in the closet shelves, which would make it more accessible.  

Between Olivers…