Hello from Charlotte NC

Mavis2

Hello All,

This is Kim and Travis, originally from Oklahoma and Iowa respectively, we have both lived in Charlotte since the late 90's. We have a 15 year old son that is quickly getting way to popular for us, and two small Boston's that get us out on a walk pretty much every night. I grew up camping with extended my extended family in tents, popups and various campers, but wasn't quite sure what my wife would say 5 years ago when I showed her a picture of an orange Marmot tent. Well, that tent has served us well, many great memories...but, last week we sent in our deposit for an Elite II and we sure are excited!  This will be our first travel trailer. We asked Heather for a late June delivery date. We are hoping the schedule holds, and we learn enough about the Oliver to camp our way back to Charlotte through the 4th of July weekend. We have already booked our first RV spot at Cloudland Canyon State Park in GA.

I have been following this forum for a bit over a year and like many others, also want to thank everyone for the wealth of information (and sometimes entertainment :). This forum has certainly been a benefit to me in making a decision on a camper and if I can remember half of what I have read, I imagine it will help keep us safe, functioning and enjoying our time out of the city. I am sure we will have questions, so thank you in advance. I enjoy a different perspective, or a straight out correction.

Take care,

Travis

• Thanks 2

Kim and Travis, Charlotte NC

2019 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed

2018 LR Discovery 

Kim and Travis,  Welcome!

Congratulations on your new Ollie and future camping plans!  Looking forward to hearing about your camping adventures. We camped at Foss Lake State Park OK during October, beautiful area!!!!

Best Regards,

Bill and Debbie

2015 LE2

• Moderators

Kim & Travis -

As a fellow North Carolinian let me add a welcome and congratulations.  Certainly your Oliver is going to be WAY more comfortable than virtually any tent.  If you haven't been over to the factory yet any nice long weekend between now and June would make a great little trip and maybe even give you a chance to see your Oliver on the production line.  Certainly June will be here before you know it - I lie - this will probably be a long wait.  But, you can fill the time with making plans for where you will take it and for how you will outfit it.  I'm sure that we are all excited for you!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Travis and Kim, welcome and congrats on your Ollie order. I agree with Bill that a factory tour is worth the time. As questions come up don’t hesitate to ask, lots of smart people here. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Wishing you many miles of smiles with your new ollie.

Our daughter is in Charlotte tonight for a company meeting.  She loves Charlotte.  We've never spent time there... guess we should...

If you could attend the spring rally, or visit with another ollie owner in a more relaxed situation,  it may help with the learning curve. It's a bit more elaborate than the tent, as you know...

We've loved our ollie for almost 11 years. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours...

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.