Cable organizer

Frank C

Saw this on Amazon.  Looks like a nice simple way to keep the safety cables and wire harness up off the ground when at the campsite.  Anyone tried this?

Yes, have it and like it. This cover fits well over it well and, in my opinion, is just the right color scheme for an Ollie.

• Thanks 1

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• Moderators

I didn't purchase that cable hanger because I figured that since the "safety chains" are actually pigtail cables it would be easy enough to simply hook them over the tongue of the Ollie.  The emergency brake hook and cable I hook to the wires right under the fiberglass covering the tongue and the electric cable "wedges" nicely right behind the front jack.  However, I did get the "cap" that covers the electric cable in order to keep the dirt and rain out of it.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

That is a cool hanger but if you have the cargo tray it won’t work.

An 18” bungee cord works great to hang the Anderson parts, and when coupled to the tow vehicle you use it to wrap around the wire harness to keep it up off the ground.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderator+

It does not appear that the hooks on the current safety "chains" would fit through the holes in this optional equipment.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hook mine onto the side of the tongue box.  Keeps everything clean and costs nothing.

Speaking of "Pig Tail" style safety cables..... I really do NOT like them.   They are a PITA to connect and worse than a PITA to disconnect.  They were designed for people that pull their trailer with a host of different TV set-ups.  Which for my one trailer one TV situation is totally not necessary.  Chains are made to be cut to proper length.  When so cut, they do not drag in the dirt and are easy to connect and remove.

I bought a trailer with chains, but got a trailer with pig tail cables.  It was not an upgrade in my eyes.  Can I swap mine for chains PLEASE?

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg