Next to Last Post, Hopefully...

This forum was started just a few months ago. In the beginning I felt obligated to monitor it on a daily basis simply out of a “personnel feeling of responsibility to my job”. I hoped for it to succeed and I think it has. Keep in mind this was my first experience of this magnitude in any online forum. :oops:

Now, I see dozens of threads and hundreds of post. I can not perform my job and stay current on all the post and personally respond every time.

I do not regret my attempt at trying to get things started and had enjoyed being involved. If you will look at “ALL” of my post you will see that most of them have been mindless observations and silly comments. Yes, I did answer/comment on some direct questions. That was then and this is now. I can’t do it any more due to the amount of time involved in dealing with the size and scope of all the things that are being brought in and involved in discussions.

If someone has a question for us at the office about our product, then they need and deserve an answer or reply from us. That can not be achieved through this type (forum) of communication. This is why we have added several new employees to assist in this area. We have the continental U.S of A. divided into West, Middle and East State Areas. Employees were added to help with the overall load of this so we could reply.

This is the only reason I suggested anyone use a different means of contacting me and why I am now asking people to direct their questions to our website so, they can be answered in a timely fashion.

Neither I nor the company are trying to duck, avoid, miss lead, hide etc… any information from “ANYBODY” and those that have dealt with us personally, I think will agree.

From tonight till Monday morning August 25, 2008 at 7:00a.m. for those that feel I am hiding something or what ever, and have a need for a public answer before God and Country, Ask it now! I will do my very best to answer questions of a direct nature but, I can not and will not be able to respond to vague statements, innuendos, theory’s, mind boggling assumptions/dreams, accusations and 100 question surveys. Also, I can only respond to questions concerning “The Oliver Legacy” and not those involving any of the 100’s of choices in tow vehicles. After this Buffalo Bob will have to hang up his jersey and be “no more” in this forum.

You are all very lucky in having a “Fantastic” and very experienced group of moderators.

I can not use this forum in the future for answering anything else after the above deadline “only” because of the time involved and “NOTHING ELSE! “

Please, use the”Website” in the future and not the forums for specific needs and questions that you require me to answer. Let’s not destroy this source of great information, comradely and community involvement over petty issues.

Buffalo Bob, I understand that you are overloaded with work, and that we can be problem children at time with all our questions, why this? and why that? and how come? can get time consuming at your end to locate all the right answers and then word them in a manner that won't be misconstrued. But you are such a vital part of our forum! We have all come to value our ties to you and you are sort of like the cord that keeps us connected to the factory ! I do agree that someone should come on board to help you answer these technical questions..... most of the posts are valid inquiries, some are pointless inquiries and it takes time to respond to the valid posts while not offending the pointless posts.

You have done a great job. I do hope you re-think this decision and stay with us on the forums.

Geri

Buffalo Bob, your contribution to this Board is invaluable. I know your time is limited and it is not necessary, or expected, that you respond to every Board inquiry about Oliver travel trailers or the vehicles we use to tow them with. If you could continue to respond only to the inquiries that you WANT to respond to, I think that would be very adequate and agreeable to all. I know I would appreciate your doing that, at your leisure and at your discretion.

The culture and content of this board is not your responsibility, but it can make your job more difficult to perform, and it can make it more difficult for Oliver to maintain it's well earned reputation as a company that is ready, willing, and able to deal openly and forthrightly with any and all questions, problems and mistakes. That is why I was, and continue to be, concerned about locking threads and shutting down discussions, especially when they involve delicate issues that could reflect on Oliver's reputation.

It is fine to disagree, as long as it is done without being disagreeable. I think we all need to keep that in mind. This Board is, by far, the most courteous board I have ever posted on and I do not for the life of me understand why some may feel otherwise.

I cast my vote for your continued Board involvement, done strictly at your pleasure and personal interest. I will NEVER, and have never, expected you to respond (on this Board) to any questions or concerns I have had about our Oliver that is on order. I doubt anyone else has either.

Thanks,

Doug

• Moderators

Robert,

We'll miss you. I guess it's time, though, to separate the factory and user forum lines that have become "blurred" here. And, we certainly can't expect you or any other factory rep to monitor our user forum 24/7. It has grown too much, in numbers of members and posts, in the past few months.

We all know how to reach you if we need you, by phone and email, and we'll stay in touch! Have a great weekend!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I think it would be easy, helpful, and wise to post an explanation about the relationship between Oliver Travel Trailers and the Oliver Forum. I think it should be made a "sticky" post and forever remain at the top of the Welcome Forum.

As long as Forum visitors are unaware of this relationship, it is logical for anyone to entertain the idea that Oliver Travel Trailers may be pulling the strings of the moderators and shutting down discussions that could reflect negatively on Oliver Travel Trailers. I doubt that Oliver Travel Trailers wants this, and an explanation of the relationship between themselves and this Forum may help to some degree to control that.

Please give this idea some consideration.

Thanks,

Doug

Robert,

I can't say I'm completely surprised, but I'm sorry to see you bow out of this forum. I'm sure the Oliver company needs you more than we do, and I certainly wouldn't want this forum to distract you or the company of it's goal of building the finest fiberglass trailer. Keep up the good work!

Herm

• Moderators

BuffaloBob, Robert, Friend . . .

I understand your needs to concentrate on your primary job, helping Oliver Travel Trailers deliver a world class, modern, efficient trailer for a lifetime of use to its customers. There aren't 35 hours in a day and you can only be one place at a time. You are invaluable to the company and shall help it succeed.

Don't worry about the forum. The enthusiastic bunch of moderators you've put in place shall keep it informative, light, and a fun place for people to spend time with and learn about this wonderful new fiberglass marvel.

Happy trails . . .

Pete

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

I know how much these forums mean to you and I also know that they would not be here, if not for your efforts. I know that you have agonized over the decision. But I also know that late hours at the plant trying to catch up on everything must be taking a toll on your quality time on that log cabin porch with Butterknife, looking out over the Buffalo River.

Your leadership and foresight have been a blessing. Your hours in the "phonebooth" got us off to a good start.

We will do our best to hold to your standards of excellence. Your guiding hand will be sorely missed.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Hi Robert,

Knowing how busy you are, your dropping the forum as a duty is not surprising. I, like many others, deeply appreciate your "getting the ball rolling". Knowing you were in the background watching for inaccurate posts was a help but now anyone wanting ADVISE can come here to the forum and facts about THEIR particular Oliver can go to the factory.

Our Olivers are all so custom (are any 2 alike?) that many questions pertain to only 1 trailer. So specific questions should go to the factory and general questions to the forum.

Again, many thanks for all your help and the next steak at the "Junkyard" is on us!!!

Chuck