Honda Generator- Did I buy the wrong one? EU2200i or EU2200i Companion

dbp05ret

I now see that one of the great benefits of Oliver ownership is the vast knowledge base available on this owners' forum that one can tap!  How amazing how our question could generate such a broad discussion.  Boy, what an education!  Seriously.  Thank you all!

• Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 9/8/2020 at 6:09 PM, Mike and Carol said:

While you’re in Hohenwald, stop by the Tractor Supply and see if they have any Champion inverter generators.  At our Tractor Supply here in Boerne I got a 2K Watt, 37 lbs, very quiet for $349 on sale.  It has performed flawlessly the last couple of years and is as quiet as the Honda or any of the inverter generators.

Do you happen to have a Model # on that?

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SNY SD UP said:

Do you happen to have a Model # on that?

We’re on the road right now without the generator.  You can look on the Tractor Supply website for the models they carry.  We got ours on sale, $50 off.  It was a 2000W, gasoline only.  It’s worked well for us.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We have a 15+year old Honda 2000 Generator and wouldn't be without it, originally bought to use with an Airstream we had. However, we haven't use it with the Oliver yet, but plan to.

I wanted to install a Propane Conversion Kit, but it not available with my Honda's Serial Number, unfortunately to old. IMHO, Propane might be a more desirable Fuel, vs Gasoline , but I am not sure with my limited "Off Grid" usage. However, It would be nice when we Boondocking  during those Hot Nights at Cracker Barre.

BTW, remember to use the "Yellow Neutral Ground Plug" that comes with the Oliver.